Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Portland, Oregon Location • Page 5

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Expanse, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

It snowed like 8-9 inches here but I've been getting alerts about pdx all day! I'm always the pdx defender when ppl here make fun of how they handle snow like when you're not used to a lot it's harder and there's more ppl there! And I'm used to it and I still suck lol

2. chris

Trusted Supporter

holy shit I could not imagine. My office cut us loose around 12 so getting home was fine, but I was hanging up with a friend who lives over near Powell Butte until like 9 and it took me an hour to get home (inner SE, usually like 15 minutes).

3. Literal

TUESDAY! TUESDAY!

Kind of bummed I went to visit back home in Florida the day after the first snow hit.

But with how much of a shit show Portland is when it snows, I'm kind of glad I wasn't haha.

4. Literal

TUESDAY! TUESDAY!

Snowing again, we gon die y'all

5. Kiana

I'm cheating cause I'm on the other side of the state but it's snowing so much I wanna die. We cancelled class every day this week so far and it hasn't let up at all. We're supposed to get a foot over the course of the week but idk. They closed some of the roads in town, like main street, which is obv an important street lol so I'm prob gonna be stuck at home the rest of the week unless they decide to have school Thursday

6. SNOWWWWWWWWWW

7. Literal

TUESDAY! TUESDAY!

Measured about 9 inches in front of my apartment door.

8. chris

Trusted Supporter

decided to work from home today but they ended up cancelling everything after a couple hours so now I'm just hanging out making hot toddies so being snowed in could be worse tbh

Jason Tate likes this.
  9. Not even sure how much us on my balcony right now. Gotta be at least 8 inches.

10. IMG_0112.JPG

Snow!

11. Kiana

Omg people here are being so annoying about Portland. "It's not even that much snow!! Idiots can't drive in it" blah blah blah like omggg stfu nobody cares. Funny cause everyone here calls city pdx ppl snobby but they're being snotty af themselves lol. Like why so pressed? It's like a requirement that people who drive those huge 4 wheel drive trucks need to look down on everyone else for how they handle the snow and I'm about to break and yell at all of them lol.

Sorry, rant again. But people have been gloating here for like 2 weeks and it's so smarmy that I can't handle it!

Emotherapy and Jason Tate like this.
  12. Kiana

Hope y'all stayed warm and safe today! Rainy and cold af and I couldn't stay long cause I was just passing through town, but it was very cool to see all the solidarity!!

Jason Tate likes this.
  13. midnightxtaylor

Regular

Probably a long shot, but anyone here looking for a roommate (or know someone who is) in the Portland area? I don't even want to know how many craigslist ads I've replied to and been told they're slammed with replies.

14. chris

Trusted Supporter

as someone who is going to be in this boat in a matter of weeks, this is disconcerting

15. With the rate I'm seeing apartments/condo buildings going up around here, I feel like Portland's going to just keep growing. I don't think I know anyone looking for a roommate though.

16. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Are you looking strictly inside Portland? Would you consider Milwaukie or Oregon City area? I may know someone looking, shortly.

17. midnightxtaylor

Regular

I have mostly been looking in Hillsboro/Beaverton/west hills, but I am not against going outside that area if it's the right situation and price. I'm not very familiar with other areas.

18. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

any favorite vegan spots? coming up with my vegan friend, and i've yelped it but wanted y'alls opinions

19. chris

Trusted Supporter

Homegrown Smoker food cart, The Bye and Bye or The Sweet Hereafter (same people, similar menu), Papa G's, a.n.d. Cafe (brunch). Harlow or Blossoming Lotus for somewhere a bit nicer

20. Arry

yummmm homegrown smoker is definitely on my list. thank you!

21. chris

Trusted Supporter

of course! yeah HGS is like my favorite place ever

Arry likes this.
  22. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

What. Strawberry Horchata? Such a thing exists!!!!

23. Kiana

Yes it's perfect and delish imo!! I didn't care for the food I ordered from there honestly but I loved the horchata

Chris Prindle likes this.
  24. Arry

oh my god. HGS was so amazing. we got it before we had to go back to Seattle, and I had to get another order of mac and cheese for the road. it was insane.

25. chris

Trusted Supporter

yessss! I don't think I've ever not gotten their mac, the food there is insane