Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Portland, Oregon Location • Page 3

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Expanse, Apr 4, 2016.

1. chris

Trusted Supporter

Boke Bowl (just the west side location, I think) does it on weekends. I've only had their ramen, but it's a pretty cool place

Arry likes this.
  2. Wong's Kings is pretty good.

3. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Definitely want to check Portland out at some point. Sooner rather than later. Being from Cleveland and reading about Portland, I was surprised at how similar of a vibe I have gotten. Thinking of knocking it out this summer.

4. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

thats my go to! really good, was wondering if I was missing out on another place

Jason Tate likes this.
  5. elphshelf

100% made of farts Supporter

Just got back from my trip to Portland. It's a beautiful city but holy crap is driving in the city stressful.

6. Sal Paradise

Trusted

Looks like I will be visiting with my wife this summer! There seems to be a lot of good stuff in this thread about things to do in the city, but I have a couple questions. Where are some good nature-y spots outside the city? We would like to do some light hiking, see the ocean, and multinational falls. Also we are there during the 4th of July, any recs for the day (fireworks, and daytime events)? Any advice is appreciated!

7. chris

Trusted Supporter

@Sal Paradise a couple things:

-As far as the coast, I've only been to Cannon beach so that's all I can really suggest. That said, it's super pretty, the town is very cute and Haystack rock is really cool. I imagine it will be a mob scene around the 4th of July, but still prob worth it.

-I don't hike as much as I'd like to, but Forest Park has a lot of neat trails and it's like right in the city. Last 4th we hiked up near Ponytail falls and went swimming since it was like 100 degrees, so that was nice (also it was pretty crowded).

-As for fireworks, If you head downtown I think there are some nice ones over the waterfront. Last year we bought some beer at 7-eleven and walked up to Mount Tabor where a shitload of people were just lighting off their own fireworks, which was a lot of fun.

8. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I hiked in forest park to pittock mansion once and it was beautiful but by "I hiked there" I mean I attempted to hike there and it kicked my butt so I stopped early lol

Jason Tate likes this.
  9. chris

Trusted Supporter

haha I hiked up to the witches mansion or whatever and thought about continuing on to pittock but saw how much further it would have been so I bailed and went and ate sushi. pretty good all in all

Kiana likes this.
  10. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

It gets so steep! I was doing it for a Bachelorette weekend thing and omg me and someone else had to tap out. Everyone else made it up okay but clearly I'm not in shape lol. I think I could've done it if I'd had more breaks or went with someone who matched my pace. The other girls would stop so briefly and I was still dying when the breaks were over lol

11. exanctile

Fight the long defeat.

Spending six weeks in the city this summer for an internship; stoked to experience the northwest and invest time with the community.

Arry and Jason Tate like this.
  12. Anticitizen7

Please be kind. Like actually kind though.

My girlfriend wants to visit Portland for her birthday and this list definitely helped me come up with some ideas of what to do when we visit, so thanks!

Jason Tate likes this.
  13. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

I'm going home this weekend, and my cousin is taking me on a hike. I'm a little worried since I'm super out of shape, but I'm stoked to hike Oregon!

14. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

Even thought I grew up here, I still don't know what to do in a month for my friends bachelor party. I'm the best man and have to throw the party so tips would be appreciated.

15. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

All my recommendations are things you've already done

16. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

17. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

If anyone knows about Kickstand Comedy Space, I'll be performing there on June 14th next month!

18. chris

Trusted Supporter

Sassy's

19. iam1bearcat

i'm writing a book, leave me alone.

i've only spent about six months total of my life in Portland, wonderful city, but on the radio today i heard they released "The Top 11 Angriest Cities in the United States" and Portland was like #4 or something. That came as very surprising news to me. Philly was #1, no shock there.

20. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Anybody have any secret parking garages that won't assault my wallet?

21. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I saw Oregon City and was like no way! But it's just you hahah. Hope you're doing well!

22. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Portland is great. I'd suggest Tilt and 10 Barrel for food/drinks. I would also suggest doing the Brew Bike, it's a lot of fun and it hits Lucky Lab and Lompoc which are on Jason's list. Other than food/drink the Japanese Gardens are really neat.

Jason Tate likes this.
  23. The_Effort

Regular Supporter

@Meerkat and I are in town playing with a band called Safely at a place called Anarress Infoshop & Community Space today at 6:30. if anybody is interested, it'd be cool to meet some chorus people.

Jason Tate likes this.
  24. GameOfThrones

Regular

Portland vs Seattle?

25. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

I'm in New Mexico unfortunately, but let me know how Annares is! Been meaning to check it out!