Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Portland, Oregon Location • Page 2

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Expanse, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Expanse

We stayed at an AirBnb in Brooklyn and I really liked it. My fiancé seemed to take to the East Burnside area (I think because she saw a lot of families...which scares me a bit.)

2. Been applying for jobs in Portland (From Buffalo) just to see what happens. Given the opportunity, I think I'd make the move. Sounds like an awesome place.

Jason Tate likes this.
  3. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

visited Portland about a year and a half ago for two days and really loved it. wish there was a major university in the area so i could consider moving there for grad school

4. Tyler

Regular Supporter

What do you consider a major university?

5. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

ranked at least top 100 for the grad program i'm looking at. preferably top 50 actually with solid faculty and research but that has less to do with it being a major university and more to do with it being a competitive one

6. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

Portland sucks, SEATTLE FOREVER. JK, It's my hometown, I miss you PDX.

7. Lindsay M

drunk on the radio waves

Always wanted to visit Portland. It's definitely on the list and somewhere I'd considering moving once I've finished up my PhD program. My boyfriend and I would love to end up in the PNW.

8. Was at on Abbot Kinney in Venice the other day and saw that they now have both Blue Star and Salt & Straw. Needless to say, I had a sugar overload

Jason Tate likes this.
  9. Arry

Coming home this weekend, and I can't wait to eat overpriced vietnamese food at Luc Loc

Kiana likes this.
  10. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I just went to the Salt & Straw there a few weeks ago, just as good as up north. Best ice cream ever, seriously

trevorshmevor likes this.
  11. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

Got to see the Warriors get Pummeled by the Blazers following the All Star Break...by 3 boys are all Curry Obsessed Warriors fans, but walked out of Moda with a bunch of Blazers garb and were thrilled nonetheless to have seen their first NBA game in Rip City. I'd have it no other way. My dad grew up in Tigard, Grandparents in Salem (buried in Corvallis) and I've spent at least 1 family vacation on the coast for my entire life. I love Idaho, but Oregon is the ONLY other state I could imagine calling home.

12. Arry

gonna go try this out!

13. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I like going to salt n straw for the seasonal flavors but if there's a long line I def will pass it up

14. elphshelf

100% made of farts Supporter

My trip to PDX is in three weeks... Scared I'm not going to want to leave.

Jacob likes this.
  15. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

jealous. Might head up there this summer.

elphshelf likes this.
  16. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Hah, my trip is in three weeks too

17. chris

Trusted Supporter

hope y'all love it here

elphshelf and Jason Tate like this.
  18. Literal

#1 Dawg

I need to go into the city more.

I live right across the street from Clackamas Town Center and work in Beaverton. After my commute, I'm either too tired, stressed, or just lazy to do anything after work or on my days off. Doesn't help I really haven't made any friends yet, but that's entirely my fault lol.

Jason Tate likes this.
  19. Kiana

I'm jealous. I really like Clackamas. Idk if I'd live there but I enjoy Nordstrom rack and world market and the mall!

Arry and Jason Tate like this.
  20. chris

Trusted Supporter

my gf sent out for maybe 30 Victoria Secret read cards that are all worth $10 so I've been to clackamas town center so many times in the last ~3 weeks that I'm burnt out

21. Kiana

I went to the Tulip Festival out in Woodburn today and my dad had to stop at like 5 stores in various towns along the way just to look for Star Wars action figures. Like we had to go back through Clackamas just so he could go to Target and Toys R Us. Also I had to drive and I'd only ever really driven through rural towns that I know extremely well so... I was kind of a flop today. If any of y'all encountered me on the road, my b.

Jason Tate likes this.
  22. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

My gf and I are going to be passing through Portland for a day or two during a loop around the northwest. I'm seeing that waffle place on jasons list and it's becoming a priority.

Jason Tate likes this.
  23. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I was in Portland for one day in October. I really wish I could've spent some more time there, and I'm looking forward to heading back sometime.

24. Arry

omg woodburn... my family thought it would be a great idea to go to woodburn the night before black friday, and we were stuck in traffic for hours before deciding to turn back. totally underestimated woodburn shopping.

25. Arry

any good dim sum recommendations?