Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Portland, Oregon Location • Page 11

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Expanse, Apr 4, 2016.

1. chriscameronwrites

Also, for anyone that lives here, too, go check out WedgeHead in the Hollywood District. Great food and great pinball. Probably the best pinball on the East side.

(My friend owns it, so #ad?)

2. chris

Trusted Supporter

been meaning to check that place out. I miss the Know, but I guess having a full on meltdown on Facebook where you publicly post employee tax info (including SSNs and addresses) is not the way to run a business

3. InExile

Regular

Portland and Oregon in general was pretty awesome. I’ll have to come back sometime!

American Airlines gave me $900 voucher to give up my seat On the return flight so I extended my vacation a few days lol.

4. InExile

Regular

Also....

Voodoo > Blue Star ;-)

5. chris

Trusted Supporter

blasphemy

6. InExile

Regular

Man that peanut buttery Oreo donut was just amazing and put Voo over the top for me. Blue Star was also very good tho.

7. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

voodoo has good vegan donuts, i'll give them that

8. SincerelyEmma

Voodoo also gets points for being way cheaper.

9. Anyone tried NOLA? I haven't been there but I have a gift card and am thinking this weekend is a good doughnut weekend.

10. chriscameronwrites

I haven't been there, but that looks good. I remember hearing about it, but I completely forgot.

I like Annies on NE Sandy and Angels (formerly Tonallis) on Alberta for doughnut cravings.

11. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

omfg those beignets look so good

Jason Tate likes this.
  12. chris

Trusted Supporter

our office ordered some beignets from there a couple weeks back and they were good as hell

13. InExile

Regular

Forgot to mention I ate at a place called Laughing Planet downtown that was really delicious.

Jason Tate and tyramail like this.
  14. midnightxtaylor

Regular

Last night it started pouring rain, and 5 minutes into it the gutter fell off my apartment building because there was so much water. Welcome to springtime in Oregon!

15. Hahaha I can’t even count how many times I’ve been there. At least once a week for months now.

InExile and tyramail like this.
  16. SincerelyEmma

I feel like I lived at Laughing Planet when I was at PSU. One of the things I missed when I moved to NE.

tyramail and Jason Tate like this.
  17. Went there tonight and got a burrito with guac.

SincerelyEmma likes this.
  18. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I've never been to Eugene but I get emails for shows there a lot and since it's a college town I think they get decent enough offerings.

I'm from California and nobody hates me because I'm lovely, but I moved here when I was young enough that I sometimes complain about Californians raising the rent prices but I say it with :heart: and jealousy

tyramail likes this.
  19. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Californian hate is mostly a joke until you meet someone who’s a little too serious about it.

Don’t know Eugene that well and all the bands I know down there are more Hardcore leaning and live a little farther south even.

But I did see that Pity Party and Awakebutstillinbed did a house show in Eugene recently so there’s at least a little something going

20. midnightxtaylor

Regular

I love summer, it's my favorite time of year, but it is too hot for being so early in June! I haven't adjusted yet and I don't like sweating while getting dressed in the morning.

21. [​IMG]

Kiana and midnightxtaylor like this.
  22. midnightxtaylor

Regular

So these are all from my neighborhood last night... wtf. It rained so hard that my bus was soaked INSIDE because the vents on the roof gave out. The photos with the red car underwater is my bus stop is and I live on the other side of it, so the bus had to go all the way around the neighborhood, where we came across these other ones. :-O

Jason Tate likes this.
  23. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Wow. I’m out of state right now so this is insane to see, since I had no clue.

24. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Hi everyone. Curious people’s favorite small to very small music venues in the Portland area. Or if not your favorites, just ones you know…

Also accepting the area between NorCal and Portland if there’s anything I should be aware in Ashland or Medford or the like.

thanks!!

25. EddieDS

Regular Supporter

here’s a good list of venues of all sizes
    Venue Listings : Booking Contacts + More.. | Portland Show-Guide

Cody likes this.