Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Portland, Oregon Location • Page 10

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Expanse, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Looks like I need to stock up on booze and warm food today.

Ken likes this.
  2. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Ugh that sucks. I’m sorry. Hopefully it doesn’t turn out as bad as they say. My girlfriend doesn’t get paid time off, so I feel you on the losing workdays thing, it’s tough.

3. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Somehow I've never been to the Alberta district but I'm staying there in May so recommend my face off

SincerelyEmma and Jason Tate like this.
  4. chris

Trusted Supporter

Teote Mezcaleria, their food is great! I’ve never been a huge tequila fan but I’m sure that’s also very good

Back to Eden, good vegan/GF bakery. They expanded recently and I’ve heard they have pretty good brunch/lunch.

Cruz Room and Bye & Bye, cool bars good food.

Alberta also has Salt n Straw, Barista, Bollywood Theater, and Pine State locations.

(I’ve never been to Pine State but all the rest are veg/vegan friendly)

Kiana likes this.
  5. SincerelyEmma

I used to live on Alberta St so I’m probably biased but that neighborhood is so cute! Really miss breakfasts at Pine State or Waffle Window and cupcakes from Back to Eden. I don’t drink, but my roommate was a big fan of Great Notion Brewery if you’re into beer. Cruzroom has great tacos and trivia on Tuesdays. They also put cute little plastic dinosaurs in the mixed drinks haha. Salt & Straw is fun if you’ve never been but overpriced imo. There’s a paint your own pottery place that’s always fun. You can check the schedule at Alberta Rose Theatre it’s cute in there. Honestly there’s a lot of cool murals and cute little boutique stores so it’s fun to just take a walk down the street. Enjoy!

Jason Tate and Kiana like this.
  6. InExile

Regular

Visiting Portland in a few days!

Spending a couple days in Portland, couple days in Astoria (Ecola Park/Cannon Beach), and a couple days in Seattle! First time in Oregon/Washington! Woot!

Kiana, Jason Tate and chris like this.
  7. chris

Trusted Supporter

Astoria is beautiful, check out cape disappointment if you have the time

InExile and Jason Tate like this.
  8. InExile

Regular

Thanks! That’s def on the list!

9. InExile

Regular

Not being able to pump my own gas will be weird lol.

Arry, tyramail and Jason Tate like this.
  10. InExile

Regular

Here’s the for sure things I’ll be doing in Portland: Powell’s bookstore/deschutes brewing, blue star donut, forest park/Japanese garden/zoo, Multnomah Falls. ...And a couple dispenseries. Anything I’m desperately missing?

11. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

maybe because i've been there so many damn times, multnomah falls is a big meh for me. it's crazy how there's a wait to go see it now. i'd put that on the bottom of the list lol

12. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

you're also missing OMSI!

13. chris

Trusted Supporter

Hug Point is like 10 minutes south of cannon beach and def worth it

InExile and EddieDS like this.
  14. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I’d suggest Elowah Falls if Multnomah is too busy, it’s not too far from there.

InExile likes this.
  15. Kiana

I think Pittock mansion or Manor or whatever it's called is super pretty and nice to visit too

tyramail and Arry like this.
  16. InExile

Regular

That’s on the maybe list. More so for the awesome view of the city from the pics I’ve seen.

17. InExile

Regular

Thanks! Just checked out the pics, looks really cool!

18. InExile

Regular

From the reviews I’ve read it’s more geared towards kids...or no?

19. InExile

Regular

Looks really cool from the pics I’ve seen, I plan on going really early to avoid the crowds.

20. johnnyutes

Vaya con Dios Supporter

Anyone have any insider info on Bend - can’t miss restaurants/bars, places to visit, etc.? Going to be there for a few days so any suggestions will be at the top of my list!

21. chris

Trusted Supporter

Go to the very last Blockbuster video

johnnyutes likes this.
  22. midnightxtaylor

Regular

I haaate walking back to my car alone from the Roseland Theater. The other night I stepped in blood on the sidewalk after a show and it really freaked me out. There were a few homeless looking guys on the opposite corner, but they were just standing around talking and no one looked injured, so I just continued to my car. I should just pay for the lot across the street, but I'm too cheap and like showing up at doors after the parking meters are off.

23. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Same. I almost always call someone just to have someone on the phone with me until I get to my car. I’ve never had a bad experience, but I’m also just easily sketched out.

24. Kiana

I'm boring so idk much in the way of restaurants but it's beautiful there. I've only been there a few times but it's so pretty!

johnnyutes likes this.
  25. chriscameronwrites

The juice/smoothie cart Sip, next to Pine State, rules. The gobi manchurian at Bollywood Theater is addictive as hell. Stella Taco is a pretty fun Tex-Mex taco place. I definitely, whole-heartedly, second thatr Teote reccomendation.

If you are in the Alberta neighborhood/area, you are also quite close to other great plarts of N/NE. Killingsworth has grown so much over the years, there is a bunch of great places to eat and shops to go to. Obviously, there is Mississippi. Williams also has grown quite a lot. You can go pet rabbits on Alberta/Vancouver! It's cheap and everyone there is super nice. It's called Bunnies in Baskets, if you are interested.

Kiana and tyramail like this.