Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Porridge Radio - Every Bad (March 13, 2020) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by username, Jan 29, 2020.

1. username

hey you lil piss baby

radiodead likes this.
  2. radiodead

Trusted

Can’t wait to listen. Forgot about “Good For You” from a couple months ago too. Some great loosies. I wonder if these will make their way on to anything official.

3. username

hey you lil piss baby

This one is a bit different than the record but it’s really really good. It’s a bit synthy in an almost Arcade Fire kinda way??

“Good For You” came on shuffle just the other day too, I had forgotten how incredible that one is. Band is just having a killer year all around. Can not wait until I get to see them play live one day.

4. radiodead

Trusted

Yea this song is excellennnnnt. They are so underrated still. Kind of feels like “Every Bad” has been overlooked a little since it came out right as shit started here in the US.

5. Gjpeace

Regular Supporter

I listened to Every Bad a lot during the first month or two of quarantine. All the repetition felt reassuring somehow since I kept having the same thoughts running through my head over and over during that time.

6. Mary V Sep 14, 2020
    (Last edited: Sep 14, 2020)
    Yeah, the repetition on this and the Fontaines D.C. records is really great. They’re like mantras to get through the day, the next one, and the next one after that. “I don’t want to get bitter/I want us to get better/I want us to be kinder/To ourselves and to each other” is such a gorgeous passage. And with Fontaines D.C. there are repeated lines like, “life ain’t always empty” and “I don’t belong to anyone” that constantly swirl around in my brain. I love how dark the guitar melodies sound on both albums. I love the charismatic, raw vocalists. I love that these songs could be cheesy, motivational speaker type songs in the hands of other songwriters, but here they’re comforting, non-condescending and so real.

Carrow, username and mad like this.
  7. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

The new song is so good!

8. mad

I was right. Prestigious

a bit late to the party but this album rules so hard

username and Mary V like this.
  9. radiodead

Trusted

They should be as big as The Cure imo. Curious to see where they are in a few years.

10. radiodead likes this.
    radiodead likes this.
  12. username

hey you lil piss baby

13. So, this is a great album to listen to when you’re struggling to connect with music and feeling hopeless

mad likes this.
  14. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Just checking this out over the last few days, really good stuff.

15. username

hey you lil piss baby

16. username

hey you lil piss baby

The extremely rare good Christmas song tbh!

radiodead likes this.
  17. radiodead

Trusted

Great XMas song.

18. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Wow that song is great, really dig it

19. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Hey y'all, I run a number of fan groups on Facebook for indie artists and I was asked by a friend to assist in helping start one up for Porridge Radio. If you're on Facebook come join: https://www.facebook.com/groups/768578760743732

20. username

hey you lil piss baby

Definitely hearing some parallels between the slower tracks on this record and the new Goat Girl. Highly recommend.

ItsAndrew, Mary V and yung_ting like this.
  21. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

22. radiodead

Trusted

Ok. A seriously god tier loosie band

23. Very much into this. The first five songs is one of the best runs I’ve heard in years. Don’t Ask Me Twice should be huge.

radiodead likes this.
  24. radiodead

Trusted

Probably my favorite song from last year.

25. username

hey you lil piss baby