Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping (Lonely Island, 6/3/2016) Movie • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Snewt, Mar 10, 2016.

1. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Saw this again, still loved it. Probably my favorite comedy since This Is The End.

Vivatoto likes this.
  2. Anthony_ Jun 4, 2016
    (Last edited: Jun 4, 2016)
    Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

For real, Will Arnett's cameo as a Harry Levin knock-off had me legitimately crying. I don't remember the last time I laughed that hard at a movie scene but yeah, that was some classic escalation. I don't want to go into too much detail for fear of spoiling one of the best bits in the film.

Also, among the many celebrity talking head cameos, one really stands out. Again, without spoiling who it is/what he says, I will just say: (X Celebrity)'s reaction to the "Equal Rights" song was perfect.

Yeah, I loved this movie. Kind of biased as a big Samberg/Lonely Island fan but still. Really hope it surprises everyone and does well this weekend.

Vivatoto likes this.
  3. I've had "I'm So Humble" stuck in my head for days, that beat is criminal. So tempted to listen to the soundtrack but I don't want to ruin the movie for myself

4. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Definitely don't, especially "Equal Rights." That one needs to be seen in context.

And yeah, I legitimately hate them for making "I'm So Humble" so catchy. I've been humming it non-stop for three days.

Also, Conner4Real made an appearance as a "key advisor" on The Voice last week. Highly recommended. But not until after seeing the movie. It spoils one of the best early jokes of the movie, sadly (the title of Conner's first album). Something I'm really glad I didn't know about going in.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  5. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

God damn this movie was funny as hell.

JRGComedy and Vivatoto like this.
  6. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Ended up going to see this a second time last night (yes, same day) because my brother wanted to go. Love it.

7. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Me and my Girlfriend ended up seeing this last night and I don't think we've said anything but quotes from this movie since, so fucking funny!

8. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

yes, i need to see this.

9. marceting

Trusted

Analysts saying this is only going to make $5M..shocking because I went to see the movie yesterday and my showing was sold out 30 mins before it started

10. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

When I went there were 10 people in the theatre, really disappointing.

11. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

Small theater on opening night for me but every person in there was having a great time.

12. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Nearly sold out crowd in my theatre. This theatre does attract huge weekend crowds though so it's no real surprise.

13. btr

Trusted Supporter

"Oh you just went with the hard R." Loved this movie. Pretty much reconfirmed my love and appreciation for The Lonely Island.

14. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Only made $4.6 mil

15. mike1885

Trusted Supporter

This. Also, I had listened to 'Equal Rights' before seeing it and really wish I hadn't. I would suggest no one listen to the cd before seeing the movie.

16. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Wow, this had a worse opening than Hot Rod. Did not expect that...

I still can't see it until Tuesday

17. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

No doubt that the R rating hurt it, compared to "Hot Rod"'s PG-13.

18. therookielot

Punk, Absolute Prestigious

Justin Timberlake's cameo was perfect

19. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

I didn't get a chance to see this since I was away all weekend. Now I'm not sure if I want to see it this weekend if chances are it's going to be an empty theater... then again I saw Hot Rod by myself in an empty theater and I still found it hilarious.

20. Why would it matter if the theater is full or not?

The fact that this flopped is only encouraging me to go and see it in the theater haha

21. Morrissey

Trusted

Empty theaters are preferable. I was the only person in the theater when I saw this one on Saturday.

kyle likes this.
  22. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Didn't get the chance to see this over the weekend, but I'm gonna try to go tomorrow for $5 Tuesday.

Better if I wait to listen to the soundtrack until after I see the film, or does it really matter?

23. devenstonow

Noobie

Is this movie actually good? It probably flopped because the trailers/previews looked AWFUL; they seemed directed at an audience that would make it a PG13

24. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

I prefer watching comedies with a sizable group of people because when a joke lands and everyone is laughing, it makes for a more enjoyable experience.

25. I get that. I've had fun times at comedies with packed theaters. But I just wouldn't skip out on the film entirely!