Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Popeyes (Official Thread) • Page 13

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by angrycandy, May 29, 2020.

1. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

the garlic tartar sauce was dope.

shrimp were definitely fast food shrimp

2. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

DrAlanGrant and riotspray like this.
  3. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

oh no

4. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

5. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

angrycandy likes this.
  6. angrycandy

love their $5 boxes

7. angrycandy

coleslawed, riotspray and buttsfamtbh like this.
  8. buttsfamtbh

Trusted

god i love popeyes and reviewbrah

9. angrycandy

not exactly a glowing review but I'm still very interested in trying them

10. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Nuggets are fine, nothing special like the sandwich but they're solid and a much lighter meal.

angrycandy likes this.
  11. angrycandy

coleslawed and riotspray like this.
  12. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

late, but i liked the nuggets

angrycandy likes this.
  13. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

I enjoyed the Megan thee Stallion sandwich

14. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

the Megan Thee Stallion sandwich was basically my standard order: regular sandwich, add sweet heat sauce. Hottie Sauce isn’t as sweet, and I’m not sure they put mayo on her sando, but i like not having to add the sauce.

angrycandy likes this.
  15. angrycandy

before yesterday I would've said their new mac & cheese is pretty subpar, but what I had yesterday was nothing short of incredible. so, it might be a bit hit or miss but when it hits, it's well worth it imo

16. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

it’s worth it.

angrycandy likes this.
  17. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

$5 big box is back!!

scottlechowicz and angrycandy like this.
  18. JoshIsMediocre

The ocean's awesome, and for winners Supporter

I just spent half an hour typing up the story of a Popeye’s employee stealing my debit card in 2019 in my notes so that I could copy and paste it here but I accidentally deleted it and now I’m upset. I’ll type it up again later anyone cares though.

Colby Searcy likes this.
  19. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Yes Josh. I’m invested now

20. JoshIsMediocre

My debit card was stolen by a Popeye's employee on September 15, 2019. That day (a Sunday) I had gone grocery shopping. I knew that I wouldn't want to cook lunch after that so I decided to swing by my local Popeye's drive-thru. Got my food, went home, food was good, didn't think about Popeye's again after that.

The next morning I woke up at 4 AM to get ready for work. I had a Facebook message request notification at 2:45 AM from a woman that I didn't know. The message said "Hey I think I may have found your debit card if you lost it" and they gave me their phone number. I checked my wallet and yep, card was gone. I check my account balance and I'm overdrawn, and there's a $546 charge at Walmart. I call and cancel my card then ask this woman how soon I can call her.

She finally replies around 7 and says I can call her now but I'm at work so I just ask how she found my card. After confirming it was MY card (I've never met anyone else with my last name, plus how many have their local minor league baseball team on their bank card?) she finally tells me the following:

"You left it at Popeyes. I put it in my wallet so I could look you up and give it back to you. But I forgot about it. And honestly I used your card by accident at Walmart and didn't realize I had used the wrong card until I got home and noticed the that the transaction didn't go through on my card. My husband gets paid Friday so that's when I would be able to pay you back and also give a little more to apologize and for the inconvenience. I'm really sorry sir."

I asked if she worked at Popeye's and she said yes but she wasn't scheduled for that day. At this point I decide to take some time, calm down and think about what I want to say. I talk to an older guy I work with, a pretty religious man, and he says "Look, she's got a baby in her Facebook photo, she works in fast food, maybe she just really needed groceries or diapers and didn't think it through." I also found out that theft of $500 or more is a felony, and I'm pretty anti-prison so I decide to just ask her what she bought.

An Xbox One X. She said she didn't realize that she used the wrong card. Again, my card had the Oklahoma City Dodgers logo on it. Probably pretty uncommon.

Now, I'm FURIOUS. I can't focus on my work, I'm pacing back and forth, so I ask my boss if I can just leave for the day and he says yes. He was a good boss, good guy, he gave me a lawnmower once.

I tell her she needs to return the Xbox and get a refund but I realize that my card is canceled so that won't work. She didn't reply for a couple of hours anyway. Because I used a smaller regional bank I had to drive 45 minutes each way to a different branch that could print off a new card that day instead of waiting a week for a new one. I send her another message before I head back that says I'm going to file a police report and go to her job and talk to her manager about what happened, and I do both of those things. She sends me a couple of other messages saying she can't pay me back until Friday and asking me not to go to the police but I ignore those.

That evening I get more messages from her account but they're from her husband. He's saying she screwed up, we can get you your money back tomorrow, we can meet at the police station so it's safe, etc. I'm tired of all of this so I tell the guy that if he can go to my bank, deposit the money into my account then have the bank call me and confirm, I'll rescind the police report and we can be done with it. The next day they pay me back, I tell the cops never mind, it's fine.

A week later the woman sends me another message asking me to call Popeye's and tell her managers that she wasn't going to be charged with theft or anything. I think this is a ridiculous request and so I tell her "No way. Even if you DID accidentally use my card, you still put a customer's bank card in your personal wallet and left work with it." That's always been very against the rules anywhere I've worked. She says "If I really stole your card on purpose why would I have contacted you and tried to return it?" and I didn't bother replying. I think she did it, and someone (maybe her husband) said hey, that's really dumb of you, and she tried to fix it.

So that's the story of how a (former) Popeye's employee was responsible for the most stressful and infuriating day of my life. I've actually had some kind of problem at almost every other Popeye's I've been to and don't even bother eating there anymore, but never any problems as serious as that.

21. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Wow I got mad just reading that

Best part is the bit about the boss and the lawnmower

JoshIsMediocre and Colby Searcy like this.
  22. JoshIsMediocre

He was great. He mowed lawns on the weekends, so when I moved from an apartment to a rental house just offered me a lawn mower without asking since he had a few. He put up with way too much garbage at a place like Lowe's

coleslawed and theagentcoma like this.
  23. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

just sounds like she wanted an xbox now but didn't get paid til Friday

24. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

pretty sure the car in front of me just ordered $120+ worth of chicken.

Ken, iCarly Rae Jepsen and angrycandy like this.
  25. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

mind your business and leave me alone

chewbacca110, riotspray, Ken and 6 others like this.