Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Popcaan Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Chaplain Tappman, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

Popcaan is one of the biggest dancehall stars in Jamaica and has received cosigns from Drake (appearing on the leaked [and infinitely better] version of "Controlla," and interpolated and sampled on "Too Good"), Jamie xx (on "Good Times"), and AlunaGeorge ("I'm In Control"). His 2014 album Where We Came From is one of the best albums from that year, and he releases a steady stream of singles that are often sublime.

2. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Never Sober is so good. I need to dive deeper into his singles and stuff. Only listened to Where We Come From a couple times but it's great.

Anyone that's interested should seek out the episode of Noisey that he's in.

3. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

4. Inna Selez

Regular

First time I saw Unruly Prayer and Love Yuh Bad clips I thought it`s the same hut.

5. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Hearing Blem on More Life has me going back to Popcaan the last couple days. Wonder if we'll get a new album soon. Some singles have popped up on streaming this year, but I think they're all tracks that have been circulating for a bit.