Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pop Punk’s STILL Not Dead Tour (New Found Glory/Less Than Jake/Hot Mulligan/LOLO) Tour • Page 8

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by sam_might_say, Feb 11, 2020.

1. cricketandclover Aug 26, 2021
    (Last edited: Aug 26, 2021)
    cricketandclover

Things have changed.

There's no way the time works unless you're ending shows at midnight. NFG isn't playing less than 75 minutes now that it's just billed as an NFG headliner. Mulligan could get 25 and then LTJ gets 5 more minutes, but there's not a lot of wiggle room.

2. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

NFG doesn’t really play super long sets unless it’s an anniversary tour. 75 seems about right.

3. Night Channels

Trusted

The Menzingers had a really short opening set last week at Stubb's (maybe 25 minutes).

I'd bet maybe 30 minutes for Hot Mulligan which kinda sucks, but they're headlining a tour that comes back through Austin in November. Just hope we'll still be having shows around that time.

4. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I haven't seen Less Than Jake in 15 years probably, but I just watched them and they still rock. New Found Glory up next

5. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

They played about 25-30min

Night Channels likes this.
  6. Xpertguy5

Trusted

Did u get setlists by any chance

7. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

Xpertguy5 likes this.
  8. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I did not, sorry.

Xpertguy5 likes this.
  9. Cmoney86

Trusted

10. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

4 covers for NFG?! 1 or 2 I'm fine with, but that's 20% of their set. Fuck

11. theasteriskera Sep 1, 2021
    (Last edited: Sep 1, 2021)
    theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

It's only been 15 minutes but I already changed my mind a little bit, it's still gonna rule haha

12. mikeb1124

Regular

Yeah i do not understand it. They aren't even touring on one of their cover albums anymore...

theasteriskera likes this.
  13. bobby_runs

Yeah. Kind of a disappointing set list when they posted there we’re gonna be surprises.

14. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

Here's a Disney song that's been beat to death for almost a decade now in our encore, surprise!!

MegT585 and anotherpancake like this.
  15. Pokinatcha Punk

Regular

I hoped that they would play all of their self-titled album at Riot Fest, but that setlist definitely killed my hopes for that.

16. bobby_runs

I actually think their cover is pretty good. But yeah seeing it on the tour two years ago was good enough for me.

17. bobby_runs

They already did two tours where that’s all they played. Plus the live stream last year.

18. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

I used it as a beer & bathroom run :heart:

Brent likes this.
  19. Pokinatcha Punk

Regular

I mean I’ve seen them play it before, but I was still hoping for it. I personally would prefer it to this setlist.

20. I can see why some people would be bothered by the covers but I don't think you can blame a band that survives off of novelty & nostalgia for playing to those elements of their catalog during a novelty+nostalgia tour.

That said, I would expect the set to get at least a little mixed up as things move along.

21. bobby_runs

C98A9065-EB38-445A-9C58-CB72EA0AF0C8.jpeg

From the NFG fan group on Facebook. Apparently not all of the merch is set up in this pic.

Jackbo487 likes this.
  22. kidblink

Regular Supporter

Yeah there’s no surprises in that set except maybe king of wishful thinking cover? I’m also wondering how accurate that setlist is, nfg has a video on their Instagram which has them playing Vicious Love with Lolo which would be the only real “surprise” of the set

23. sam_might_say

Aside from the covers, it’s actually a pretty decent NFG setlist. I would be happy if that’s what I ended up getting

24. sam_might_say

Also, idk if anyone has mentioned this, but it looks like Martin from Terror is playing 2nd guitar with them this tour

JaytotheGee and riotspray like this.
  25. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I'm not familiar enough with NFG's material to confirm that that setlist is accurate but it looks pretty close. They did bring out Lolo for a song (I think/guess it was Vicious Love, but not positive) - They did say onstage that they were playing 23 songs, but I don't know how many were actually played.

And yeah, seeing Martin come out with them was a surprise for me. Anyone know if Terror has a fill-in guitarist with them on tour or is Jordan just playing all the guitar parts?