Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pop Punk’s STILL Not Dead Tour (New Found Glory/Less Than Jake/Hot Mulligan/LOLO) Tour • Page 6

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by sam_might_say, Feb 11, 2020.

1. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

I was already planning on going to this tour on 10/17 when I'm on vacation in Orlando, so just as good. Always really enjoy seeing Hot Mulligan and I like Less Than Jake and Simple Plan equally.

2. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

What makes you say that?

3. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Where the band is from (stereotypes)

and

the fact they didn’t say they were in their statement. Other bands have let their status be known if they are vaccinated.

4. manoverboard365

Trusted

I think the issue is more so that Simple Plan is from Canada and things are very different there.

Could've sworn I saw Jordan post on IG months ago that he got vaccinated. And Cyrus has a wife with health issues and was taken Covid very seriously, so I'm sure he's vaccinated too. Plus I'm sure the insurer for these tours stress (and maybe even require) crew to be fully vaxxed to mitigate the possibility of show cancellations.

5. plus Gilbert has been liking a bunch of comments from being saying it's "lame that SP is scared of COVID" or whatever

6. sam_might_say

Good point. Looks like the only member of NFG that’s made it known that they’re vaccinated is Cyrus. Genuinely curious about the other members…

7. manoverboard365

Trusted

I'd be curious to know if they tried to get Good Charlotte to replace SP first. That would've kept it as a co-headliner, whereas now LTJ are just a great support act.

8. sam_might_say

(Sigh…)

Blink182Bouncer likes this.
  9. btr

Trusted Supporter

I feel like you could have only 1 for 1 swapped Simple Plan with like Sum 41 or Good Charlotte. LTJ is still cool, just not an exact replacement

theasteriskera likes this.
  10. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

There have been attempts to do a triple headliner with some combination of NFG, Sum, SP, and GC but it's never worked out.

manoverboard365 likes this.
  11. pbueddi

Trusted

I doubt good charlotte would have toured. They all have their own stuff going on. Plus Joel just tweeted that he was back in the studio. It would be sweet though!

12. manoverboard365

Trusted

A tour like that would be epic!

pbueddi likes this.
  13. sam_might_say

It would be pretty dope to do a “Big 4” style tour with all these bands. It could play larger venues and all bands could get an equal set

manoverboard365 and pbueddi like this.
  14. theasteriskera

Trusted Supporter

The Not Quite Hella Mega But Still Pretty Hella Tight Tour

15. tyler2tall

Trusted Supporter

Basically a mini version of the Hella Mega tour. Make it where each band ends up getting 45-60 min.

16. sam_might_say

Yeah! Maybe add an opener or two also

17. btr

Trusted Supporter

So basically Sad Summer lol

theasteriskera and tyler2tall like this.
  18. tyler2tall

Trusted Supporter

But with 20 year old bands instead of 10 year old bands :crylaugh:

19. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Shocked at how there hasn't been a sum 41 nfg tour in the past 15+ years

theasteriskera and pbueddi like this.
  20. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Would require egos get set aside which might be hard for some of these bands to do.

21. bkaeser93

Trusted

Honestly super bummed about Simple Plan dropping off. I’m still going to go but I’m not really into Less Then Jake. Much rather have Sum 41 or GC replace SP

theasteriskera and pbueddi like this.
  22. manoverboard365

Trusted

Wow, it's probably been 15 years since I listened to Less Than Jake. I threw them on just now and HOLY NOSTALGIA. I don't know how I suppressed them from my memory, but listening now I somehow know all the words haha

I do remember seeing them with NFG and Good Charlotte at the Honda Civic Tour in 2003, and maybe the year before at Warped. I couldn't remember any song they played, just that they were a load of fun.

23. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

I've seen Less Than Jake to the tune of 6-7 times and somehow they've all been festival sets at Warped and Riot, so I'm psyched to see them headline.

24. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Haha if I go ill be seeing the band I've seen 12 times in New found glory and less than Jake 10 times

They rank #2 and #4 respectively.

It's the only thing holding me back cause haha I think I've seen them enough. But I'm a sucker for lineups with multiple bands I love. Plus it'll be my first pit esque show in texas so. Hmmmmmm

25. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

HOT TAKE: No Pads, No Helmets, Just Balls >>> Sticks and Stones

David- and michael_gatto like this.