Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pop Punk’s STILL Not Dead Tour (New Found Glory/Less Than Jake/Hot Mulligan/LOLO) Tour • Page 10

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by sam_might_say, Feb 11, 2020.

1. btr

Trusted Supporter

Piebald added to the 10/2 Buffalo date

2. kidblink

Regular Supporter

Not sure if setlist.fm is correct but looks like the last couple shows they cut out some songs and it’s become the most generic NFG set.

3. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Wait. Did they really play three covers at Riot Fest? Yikes.

MegT585 likes this.
  4. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Yep, so dumb. Especially doing a mini encore and coming out with Let It Go such a waste

5. bobby_runs

It’ll be interesting to see how the S/T shows go with the second set.

6. MegT585

Trusted

thats just embarrassing. especially when you have a 10 plus album discography.

7. mikeb1124

Regular

NFG never really mailed it in with their setlists but this time they definitely did. Luckily I get a Self-Titled show on Thursday.
    Maybe it has to do with Chad having a newborn but unsure.
    4 covers is pretty bad haha

8. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

With all those album-play shows they did back in 2017, you think a lot of those songs would be a bit fresher to them/not as hard to re-learn/practice. At this point, I don’t think they have an excuse to phone it in with that many covers lol

Looking at all the recent setlists now, I think my mind’s changed. Can’t say I’m bummed I missed the Anaheim shows…

9. MegT585

Trusted

I drove to NYC back in 2017 to see those shows two nights in a row and it was so much fun- but I never thought about it before/ you are right in the fact they brushed all those songs off you would think if anything it would be easier to play some deeper cuts after practicing them rather than just the hits and multiple covers. What a bummer.

10. bobby_runs

I saw on the NFG Facebook group that the new guitarist is likely the reason for the lack of variety in the set lists.

11. cameoutswingin

Regular

How are they doing self titled shows then? Single guitar for the album play through like resurrection era touring? They're doing it in Brooklyn but I'm going to the starland show the day before. Hopefully they're able to add some deep cuts from it to thier regular setlist this week

12. bobby_runs

It was probably an idea thrown out for the stops with multiple dates. Guy started to learn the album and just recently got comfortable with the 12 songs is how I see it.

13. AndrewRnR

I mean it’s not like they are learning Van Halen songs, I think most of us who play guitar could learn any NFG song in a matter of minutes. The guitarist should be able to do that then throw on the live dvd or album and jam to that and be good to go. Essentially I don’t buy that reason.

MacbethSin likes this.
  14. sam_might_say

Especially if it’s just the rhythm part too. It’s not that difficult to learn an NFG song tbh…

15. Phil507

Resident NYC snob Supporter

Too bad they aren't playing Sticks & Stones, I could just send the guitarist the scan of the tab book I have.

16. mikeb1124

Regular

They played “broken sound” tonight. So cool!

17. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

18. btr Oct 3, 2021
    (Last edited: Oct 3, 2021)
    btr

Trusted Supporter

This was fun last night. NFG usually plays the same 950 cap venue here but last night they said there were over 2,000 people so it was cool to see them in a bigger environment.

Piebald barely got a reaction but people loooved Hot Mulligan.

Also happy NFG busted out “Don’t Let Her Pull You Down”. Always seem to never catch them when that song’s in the set

pbueddi likes this.
  19. manoverboard365

Trusted

Went to the NYC show tonight, it was a really fun time.
    I saw people in this thread complaining about a basic set list, but I thought it was a solid one. They played Sincerely Me, Boy Crazy and Something I Call Personality. I don't think I've heard them play those songs live in like 10 years. They also did Vicious Love with LoLo (I really liked her set), and a cover of Blitzkrieg Bop.
    I would love if they would friggin play songs from Coming Home, but I know that's just wishful thinking.

Also, they said they'd be back in town in 2022 for a "special surprise." I have a feeling they're gonna do a 20 year tour for Sticks & Stones.

pbueddi likes this.
  20. bobby_runs

20 years of S&S in the spring
    25 years as a band in the fall

book it.

JaytotheGee likes this.
  21. sam_might_say

Damn, if it’s a S&S 20 year tour, it’ll be my 3rd time seeing that album front-to-back

and I ain’t even mad

btr and Xpertguy5 like this.
  22. bobby_runs

Same for me.

it’s the album that got me into the band and scene overall.