Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pop Music General Genre • Page 64

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Chaplain Tappman, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

fbrrocks and beachdude like this.
  2. ItsAndrew Jan 21, 2021
    (Last edited: Jan 21, 2021)
    ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I am not following this ridiculously closely but apparently (per social media and articles and the lyrics) Sabrina Carpenter’s new song is a direct response to Olivia Rodrigo’s song, specially about Joshua Bassett, who I guess Sabrina is now dating. Disney pop stars having beef? Seems to be that way.

3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I don't know any of these people, I'm out

4. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

[​IMG]

5. Zero interest in all that stuff but Sabrina Carpenter has quite a few bops to her name. I hope she can manage to gain more momentum with her upcoming album.

6. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Banger. There’s also a Charli XCX remix in the works.

aliens exist likes this.
  7. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

8. djwildefire

Trusted

I knew very little about any of these people before “drivers license” and maybe this is a bit tinfoil hat, but is it possible all this drama is manufactured? Would be a pretty good marketing tactic...

9. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Tbh young hollywood/disney circle is so small and incestuous it wouldn't surprise me if it's legit. There was the whole hilary duff/lindsay lohan/aaron carter deal back in the day and then selena gomez/miley cyrus/Nick jonas more recently. I always thought of Sabrina's image as being more "woke" so a love triangle doesn't feel on brand but idk idk

tenor.gif

Zilla and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

yeah I'm surprised she's messy but I shouldn't be haha, also not surprised that the dude who was like 19 and dating a 16 year old or something is getting away scot free from all this haha

11. maryp1603

Hey. Supporter

Just gonna leave this here:

skogsraet likes this.
  12. djwildefire

Trusted

Yeah Sabrina Carpenter’s song is what made me question how authentic this all is.

13. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

i'd have no idea who she is were it not for girl meets world and the hate u give

14. djwildefire

Trusted

To be fair, I knew nothing about any of these people before “drivers license”

15. irthesteve

I still don't

djwildefire likes this.
  16. djwildefire

Trusted

The “I’ve never felt this way for no one” line almost ruins a song I otherwise like pretty well.

17. irthesteve

Charli posted about this EP today and I just listened to it, really cool stuff. Looking forward to the remix now too

ComedownMachine likes this.
  18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

19. Kiana

Listened to demi lovato's first album for the first time in years and some songs def hold up. Get back is still a jam

Crisp X likes this.
  20. irthesteve

SmithBerryCrunch likes this.
  21. irthesteve

SmithBerryCrunch likes this.
  22. iCarly Rae Jepsen

SpyKi and Crisp X like this.
  23. irthesteve

I definitely appreciate her turning here career around from a meme to a real artist, but that song is pretty bad haha

24. Kiana

I'm not even an ed sheeran fan but the video for thinking out loud is still so good. Like legit captivating every time I see it

25. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious