Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pop Music General Genre • Page 54

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Chaplain Tappman, Mar 7, 2016.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Little Mix with that Christmas bop

2. I'm shaking!

[​IMG]

A shame about Melody's absence but I'm excited nevertheless. They're working on new music but that might come after the UK tour.

3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I'm sorry but I have no idea who those humans are

4. drummerAVA

Trusted

The Pussycat Dolls??

5. irthesteve

We're they the ones P Diddy put together?

6. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

That’s Danity Kane

7. The Lucky Moose

How do you not know the Pussycat Dolls? Lol that’s amazing to me. Maybe I’m just old.

8. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

steve is old too

9. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

I think they were just more popular in Europe?

10. Jake W

They were huge when I was a teen

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  11. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I’m an american and know like 4 of their hits just from the radio when I was kid

12. Jake W

I remember them being like one direction big at the time here

13. irthesteve

Obviously I know the name and the Dontcha song, but I would never recognize them or know their names

14. They're not a band who had equal representation from all members at all so you're not alone on that. Nicole Scherzinger is the most famous and the one people recognize first, but I guess you would only know her if you watched the various music/dancing shows she's been apart over the last decade as her solo music career flopped.

15. Jake W

Just seen that it's a UK tour that they're reuniting for. I guess they were bigger here lol

16. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Pussycat dolls were pretty big here too. Not ubiquitous enough that ppl know like anyone aside from Nicole, but they had a big string of hits.

17. irthesteve

Yeah I know her name for sure, don't know what she looks like or sounds like though haha

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  18. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I didn’t even realize that was them lmao but I guess I wasn’t looking hard enuff cause I do recognize Nicole

I honestly am surprised that people regard them as so big, I never really thought of them as that big but yknow I’m down for it girl power etc

19. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Buttons and When I Grow Up were def hits but I don't know any of their faces besides Nicole's
    but I think that's true of most girl groups, besides like Destiny's Child and Fifth Harmony not sure there's any I can name all of them and know what they look like

20. The Lucky Moose

That single with Will.I.Am was nice though

22. irthesteve

23. irthesteve

The album list is extremely bizarre in the number of albums they pick where the band's OTHER album is clearly the better album.... Anna of the North, Broods, Empress Of, MisterWives, MO, and Tove Sryrke all fit into that category easily for me

24. The song list seems random. Of all the Marina hidden gems to pick, they pick the actually overrated Primadonna? It's one of her staples, so "overlooked" wouldn't describe it correctly.

Glad they mentioned Betty Who on the album list, I've kind of checked out afterwards but her debut remains excellent. Kate Boy deserved more recognition as well.

I would have included MNEK and Natalia Kills in the list, as well as Britney Spears and Madonna's latest ones.

25. irthesteve

@Petit nain des Îles Betty Who's latest album was better than the second one, worth a run though. I think there are 2-4 clunkers on it still, but the great songs are GREAT. Legitimately one of the best songs of the last few years, very Carly Rae Emotion-y: