Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pop Music General Genre • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Chaplain Tappman, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Kiana May 9, 2016
    (Last edited: May 9, 2016)
    Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I have no idea why but I love that Cake by the Ocean song. It's super fun to sing and dance to but when I looked up their other songs I didn't like them as much

In other news I think I have magical super powers cause I looked up the lyrics to Zayn's Pillowtalk and I had them all right. Maybe it's the former mumbler in me!!

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  2. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

Cake by the ocean is dope

Michael, Kiana and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I don't really know anything about Little Mix, but I did not like that song on the last page at all haha

4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I heard it's our war zone as when I was young oops

5. irthesteve

This whole thing has been so strange/interesting. Since the whole Black Cards fiasco, I saw her name popping up every so often, remember some singles coming out a few years, but only now after G-Eazy does she catch on. It goes to show how much a little feature, hook or whatever can catapult you. Can't believe her new video is alreay at 42 million views

6. Kiana

I totally thought you said you misheard them when you were young and I was about to be like the song isn't even old!

7. TheFeels

Regular

New here.

Been re-obsessed with the 150+ unreleased Lana jams that are out there.

8. irthesteve

It was set off by Kanye's "Pt. 2" where the song was sampled, then the song has been used in many YouTube videos involving real pandas. Now that Billboard incorporates YouTube streams, those viral videos that use the song count towards Billboard's number

9. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I'm 12 years old and what is this

Kiana likes this.
  10. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

Don't know how billboard counts viral videos honestly.

11. TheFeels

Regular

Really need a new HAIM record like what.

12. Kiana

Um just heard that new JT song it is nowhere near as infectiously catchy as Happy wut r ppl talking about

13. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

How did you find them all? I have heard a fair share but I don't think I've heard remotely close to all of them.

14. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

People have an obscene blind spot when it comes to Justin

Kiana likes this.
  15. TheFeels

Regular

I'm just a mega fan. Some i got in lots as big huge downloads. If you searched "Lana Del Rey Mega post" i think you might be able to find most of 'em. There's always new-ish ones being uploaded now and again, too. She's incredibly prolific.

supernovagirl likes this.
  16. irthesteve

"Billboard is incorporating all official videos on YouTube captured by Nielsen's streaming measurement, including Vevo on YouTube, and user-generated clips that utilize authorized audio into the Hot 100 and the Hot 100 formula-based genre charts."

though no specific details... of course, sigh

Billboard Charts Add YouTube Views

17. irthesteve

The chorus was immediately huge and extremely catchy to me, no idea how it's not already stuck in your head

18. TheFeels

Regular

I love it.

19. Kiana

idk I thought it was pretty boring and generic and I def already forgot how it goes. I could tell it wanted to be a catchy summer song but it didn't deliver. It sounded like the kind of song the middle aged ladies at work would love to choreograph a flash mob to tho so I'm sure it'll be big

20. irthesteve

Bummer, maybe it'll grow on you. Or maybe not. I love it, I think it 100% deserves and earned summer song. The bass line alone is enough to get me ready to dance

21. Kiana

if it plays enough who knows! I already hate JT but I wanted to give it a chance cause I live for finding the song of the summer but it's honestly just boring. And I can totally jam to a generic song if it's catchy but if it doesn't make me wanna dance. Like it's telling me I need to get up and dance but I'm not bopping!

22. irthesteve

you already hate JT?!?! oh lordy, i can't deal with you!!!

supernovagirl, ChaseTx and Garrett L. like this.
  23. Kiana

He is an average pop musician who is put on a higher pedestal than he deserves I will go to the grave shouting this!!

windowbirds likes this.
  24. irthesteve

I'm not gonna argue about pop music with someone with a Harry styles avatar!!!

Garrett L. and Kiana like this.
  25. Kiana May 9, 2016
    (Last edited: May 9, 2016)
    Kiana

I'm guessing you are just jealous of his hair it's ok bb we've all been there

[​IMG]

Making fun of Harry is my favorite past time so criticize all you want!! I recognize my faves' faults unlike fans of Justin Snoozerlake!!

lol I'm sure there's a better pun on his name somewhere but took me a long enough time to come up with that gem srsly I edited this post like an hour later lol I could never be a good troll