Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pop Music General Genre • Page 45

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Chaplain Tappman, Mar 7, 2016.

2. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

This is really cool also because a friend of mine drums for her and is going to be playing at this performance also.

irthesteve and SmithBerryCrunch like this.
  3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

That's awesome for your friend! Suppper cool, she's great

4. Dog with a Blog

She should be massive and she’s not but she should be this has been a PSA

5. irthesteve

6. Dog with a Blog

Yeah he showed me her! But beyond him, I haven’t seen much talk

irthesteve likes this.
  7. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Ashley Parker angel doesn't have his music on Spotify and now I have to live knowing this playlist I'm making will never reach its peak like I will be reminded that it's missing something and I am livid like rly Ashley or whichever label released that one solo album he did like GET IT TOGETHER

supernovagirl likes this.
  8. Kiana

Seriously tho is there a better subgenre than tacky fun 00s pop that had a rock ~edge??? I don't think so!! My faux rebellion was at it's PEAK

9. Skye Sweetnam was the best. A shame that one of my favorite songs is nowhere to be found in HQ

supernovagirl and Kiana like this.
  10. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

11. Henry

Moderator Moderator

My friend still hangs out with Ryan A LOT and its weird. lol

supernovagirl and Kiana like this.
  12. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I'm so excited for next week. I'm seeing Ari on Tuesday and getting something special from Elohim on Saturday. Gonna be a huge change of pace for her.

13. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Love this

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  14. I was wondering if she was still active as it had been a while since the EP. This is a banger! Hopefully there's more music on the horizon.

Jake W likes this.
  15. Kiana

Young me is seething with jealousy!

16. Shout out to whoever started posting about her on ap.net this time in 2013 (yup I'm feeling a little bit nostalgic). It's a shame her career got derailed a little bit after the release of When I Rule The World, but she remained consistent and that's more important! One of the most underrated artists. Fans of Rina Sawayama, and UK Garage/late 90's pop, this will be up your alley.

17. Doomsday Mar 31, 2019
    (Last edited: Mar 31, 2019)
    Doomsday

strange days are here to stay Prestigious

Man I am kinda drunk so I am sorry if I've talked about this before (althought I don't think I've posted in this thread before) ((which is ridiculous considering how much I love pop music)) but I somewhat recently have been into Tessa Violet, who used to be a pretty popular vlogger on YT under the name of meekakitty. But she has some serious jams, and I only discovered that like around a year ago with her song Crush. Since then she put out Bad Ideas, which is a total jam and a half, and she's had some songs released before that that I also think are hella good. Just making this (kinda drunk, I'll admit) post in this thread to see if anybody else has listened to her before. I also just adore her songs wanna hear more of em!!!

I think it's A) super cool she makes tunes I really like and B) she is a YouTuber that I remember from back in the day

So, you know..

fbrrocks likes this.
  18. irthesteve

@Doomsday yo! I totally heard about her for the first time a week or so ago because she's on Gabe Saporta's (Midtown) label and I read a profile on him. She's very cool, super promising.

beachdude and Doomsday like this.
  19. Doomsday

Is that Gabe guy the dude from Cobra Starship? I ask that already having Googled him. I've never heard of Midtown, but I am interested in all of these things including podcasts. I've also never listened to Cobra aside from a few songs here and there.

I think she's super neat because I know a handful of people, including myself, that remember her from her vlogs and shit from the days where vlogs on YouTube where super cool and the main thing to do. And her channel was really popular! She was quite something. So it's cool she's still around and making music that's getting some decent views, and her tracks are pretty awesome IMO. She has a song called Haze from an EP she put out a few years ago (the one Not Over You is on) that is also pretty jammy ;-p

irthesteve likes this.
  20. irthesteve

This statement would blow a lot of minds around these parts, mine included

21. Doomsday

I know!! Even back in the Ye Olde days of AP and before, never knew who they were really and they always kinda avoided me. I've never heard of Midtown at all.

Listening to some Cobra songs now and I'm trying to remember ~one from back then, and nothing is clicking yet

irthesteve likes this.
  22. irthesteve

Snakes On A Plane is the Cobra song you would most recognize

supernovagirl likes this.
  23. Doomsday

I don't... really recognize that song, or the music video.

The one Cobra video I remember from back then, that a few people I knew also were feeling at the time, took place in like some lavish limo or plane/club/some combination. I don't mean to hijack this thread with Cobra Starship memories but y'know... They were in one of the aforementioned vehicles and when I was younger I always got a weird, in today's terms, flexing vibe from it, which I could not at all get with back then. I probably could nowadays.

But all of the Cobra songs I've listened to so far were really bad. Back to Tessa Violet for me!

24. irthesteve

you know what, I totally forgot this was their biggest hit, with Leighton Meester of all people

25. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

This + the one that is like “you make me feel like la la la la la” are the only ones I ever heard