Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pop Music General Genre • Page 41

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Chaplain Tappman, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

2. This is blowing up in Europe. Wonder if her label won't fuck it up and let her release an album quickly. I'm getting edgy late 2000's pop vibes both musically and visually.

Mary V likes this.
  3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

It's a little TOO Gaga for my tastes

EDIT: the first song there

4. Haha yeah the similarity is a bit too obvious

5. irthesteve

6. irthesteve

7. parsi

O:-)

8. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

9. irthesteve

ChiliTacos and incognitojones like this.
  10. irthesteve

11. Crisp X Jan 8, 2019
    (Last edited: Jan 8, 2019)
    Finally listening to Lady Gaga's discography, am currently on Born This Way and wow, this one is flooring me. Feels like a companion piece to Kelis' Flesh Tone. Both albums are like the height of modern club oriented pop music.

I mostly liked The Fame but it is really inconsistent in quality and style, it doesn't help that the unreleased songs from that era (Reloaded and Freakshow for example) that I'm already familiar with are so much better than some album tracks. On the other hand, The Fame Monster's short length works to its advantage as it doesn't have any duds.

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  12. irthesteve

Other than a few select singles, I just never could get into Gaga... she just doesn't really hit me like other artists

ComedownMachine likes this.
  13. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

My least favorite songs on the radio rn... The guy with the accent singing about his mates or whatever. The when I taste tequila song. Camila's consequences which like I know I'm a hater but I didn't even know it was her I had to look up who this terrible song was by and it was just a surprise. Today I heard one about the guy with the king size bed and the PhD which was like no lol and I just looked it up and I'm sad to see it's from Matt nathanson cause I'm a casual fan. I almost like that shallows song but I hate Gaga's ahhhawwwooohhuhang part.

Basically I'm old now and relegated to the classic hits station.

Mary V likes this.
  14. Kiana

Lol wait I just looked at the hot 100 list and why is the baby shark song on there???? Getting preschool teacher flashbacks.

15. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Spotify kept pushing Elohim on me, so I finally checked out the album. My god, I'm in love.

16. I've been obsessed with this song since I heard it last week

lostawholeyear likes this.
  17. This is cute. Specifically created to commemorate Baby One More Time's 20th year anniversary: BritneyOS'99

18. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I don’t have time for this rn but omg it’s so cute and I want to remember to revisit it later

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  19. Kiana

A friend told me she thinks Britney is a better singer than Beyonce and I about died. It may be ridic to jump to the racism conclusion but I literally don't even know how else to explain this honestly!! It wasn't even like I prefer Britney. It was Britney is a better singer. Y'all. Omg.

20. lostawholeyear

Regular Prestigious

i played the shit out of it when it first dropped. gotta put it back in rotation.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  21. irthesteve

Elohim and Zara are both great

22. StepsInADance

so much for them! Prestigious

checked out the elohim album today and im really impressed, lot of fun.

23. Showed up in my recommended feed.

24. irthesteve

bradsonemanband and ChiliTacos like this.
  25. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Got a ticket to an intimate Elohim show. Really fucking excited for that. Half Love is my favorite thing I've heard in a really long time.