Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pop Music General Genre • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Chaplain Tappman, Mar 7, 2016.

1. windowbirds

close your eyes until tomorrow Supporter

my jam at the moment.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  2. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

Watching the Idol finale medley performances is such a time warp. So many good voices came through that show. It's really sad to think about some of the people who didn't find success. Also weird that they never mentioned Michael Johns and Joanne Borgella

3. windowbirds

I lost track of American Idol after season 2? 3? I don't know any of them save for the successful winners.

4. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

This was straight fire. Holy shit

5. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

You should watch episode 22 from this final season, it's called American Dream and is essentially a 2 hour documentary on the show complete with talking heads, behind the scenes stuff, etc etc

Meerkat likes this.
  6. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

The ep is mostly boring but I love Roses and Inside Out and the one with Daya

7. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Hot take: I don't think there's a single Meghan Trainor song I've ever thought was more than passable, and I find most of her music actually horrible.

8. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

For real? My sister saw them in November and I was giving her so much shit

9. Threads

Regular Prestigious

Nelly Furtado's discography (short of The Spirit Indestructible) is so good. So mad at myself for never listening to more than the hits earlier.

10. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

Selfie is borderline unforgivable but they're on kind of a hot streak rn tbh

11. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Can't stand Roses, but I haven't heard those other songs so whatdoikno

12. twentyone Apr 23, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 23, 2016)
    twentyone

♥ / formerly 0101

Added Sean Paul feature to the original for single release. Could be song of the Summer if their team wasn't so dense.

windowbirds and carina like this.
  13. windowbirds

Superior to Fifth Harmony, in my opinion.

twentyone likes this.
  14. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

Seems unnecessary to pit them against one another.

St. Nate likes this.
  15. MrRobot

Twitter/IG: @scott325

I agree, but I don't know how hot of a take that is, as I've only ever had people agree with me. I can tolerate almost any music on earth, and even stuff I consider to be awful I can just ignore/not care about, but her music is one of the few I genuinely can't stand.

16. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

no one likes meghan trainor

17. windowbirds

Sorry about that. I've listened to both of them and I like their songs more.

18. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

panda is now the #1 song in the country, dethroning work after 8 weeks

19. windowbirds

there is nothing I like about this song.

20. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

I like Panda quite a bit, I just don't understand the meteoric rise it's had. And also why since Desiigner is like diet-Future, how did Future never have a number one, even with his biggest hits.

Contender likes this.
  21. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I've been listening to Like Glue multiple times a day for the past few weeks and I have to say my quality of life has improved dramatically

22. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Bebe Rexha being the singer for Black Cards is as mind blowing for me as Skyler Grey being the hook on Where'd You Go

23. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

oh wow. I think Kelly gets overlooked often (even by myself) but this reminded me how crazy talented she is, and how much I love a lot of her songs. I don't think she gets the credit she deserves.

mercury and windowbirds like this.
  24. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

A friend of mine has a lifelong crush on Chris, and this retweet made me laugh out loud for some reason.

25. eight30

Regular

I heard If It Ain't Love by Jason Derulo for the first time the other day and I love it. I've always liked his singles for the most part but never listened further, maybe I should.