Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pop Music General Genre • Page 38

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Chaplain Tappman, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Ugh I've had to listen to so much radio driving for work and I am hating it all now lol. Only artists I can stand now are Ariana, Shawn Mendes, and Rihanna because they don't sing in that annoying pop voice that everyone seems to be doing??? I mean I know there are other artists who don't sing like that, but our one top hits station sucks and those three prob play the most frequently who don't sing in that style. Idek how to describe it like that affected high pitch squeaky thing like Camila and Halsey and the that spells friends girl and omg those Selena gomez songs drive me crazy too like the one that sounds like she'll be coming round the mountain and then her song that sounds just like the other song. I can't deal. I need to find my aux cord lol.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  2. Totally agreed! There's really not a lot of stuff worth listening to on the radio. Hearing the same songs over and over again doesn't interest me, so I put on Spotify or use the aux cord as well.

I wish more latin pop and r&b artists would be playlisted. There's a big lack of variety, and it's no wonder I start hating Ed Sheeran, Sam Smith, Sia's newer stuff, etc. if I hear them every single day lol!

3. Kiana

Yeah our station just sucks. It doesn't rly play the rap hits which I feel is a lot of the hits so it ends up with the same ten songs and we don't rly have a station that does the hits of the 80s,90s and today for variety so lately I just do the classic hits station. For like a week we had a station that played 90s alt but I left town for a week and came back and it turned into a Christian station

Latin pop is rising but we still just get despacito and I like it here

4. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Lmao trying to figure out what songs @Kiana is talking about in that post is hilarious

5. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

7. It's one of those days where I wish I could have been a few years older, british or american, and witnessed all of the great 00's bands and singers in their prime, or before they went on hiatus. I'm sad, I just have to keep playing Girls Aloud's DVDs over and over again to relieve the pain:

If you've never heard of this band, Tangled Up is their magnum opus and probably one of the best pop albums of all time. TEN, their greatest hits from 2012, is a good place to start though.

8. A reminder that All Saints have come back from their second hiatus and are releasing the best material out of their entire career, a rare feat for pop veterans. A perfect mix of glossy pop, trip-hop and R&B.

MNEK has finally put out his debut, which is superb and diverse. It's unfortunately being overshadowed by his peers, and selling very poorly. Such a shame.

9. Kiana

I know I'm like fifteen years too late to this but I rly wish the Ying yang twins weren't on Britneys (I got that) boom boom cause they ruin it.

Also I keep peaking at videos of xtinas tour even tho I wanna be surprised but she's also so ridic lazy that I also wanna be prepared idek!! I know her outfits are prob gonna suck lol and sis has like a month to add Pipe to her setlist or heads will roll. THEY WILL ROLL. She needs to pay that song the glorious justice it deserves.

10. Speaking of Britney, Glory is the only album I've listened to in full. I need to remedy that...

11. Kiana

Blackout is her best imo!! Circus has some underrated gems. Her older albums are a bit dated but fun in that sorta cheesy bubblegum way. Femme Fatale is where she started faltering for me and then like Britney Jean who???

12. Kiana

I feel like if she was relevant this would get more flak but also like what song is she even performing with this theme?? Also yes I'm still peaking at pics and videos of her tour even tho I said I'd stop

13. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Sigrid did it again, goddamn this is a jam

14. Kiana

I'm watching Ashlee + Evan and it's killing me as she's venting to her friends about being a working mom and juggling her singing career and a fashion line and they're like "welcome to the real world" and I'm like IS IT THO

15. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I’m at Seaworld right now (immoral, I know) and the speakers keep playing stuff like Dynamite and On The Floor. I really don’t miss this style of pop music.

beachdude and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  16. Kiana

I feel bad for calling him the lesser Shawn Mendes now because this is my new fave video

17. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

wait Little Mix actually called their new album LM5 ??!!!!????, also is American Boy an Estelle cover?

18. Baby One More Time turns 20 today... just think about that. Britney's career is a story for the ages. She's survived every pitfall and kept coming back stronger than ever.

An icon.

19. Kiana

Shout out to the QUEEN OF JAZZ

Also when will ur faves deliver those CRISP CLEAR album vocals twenty years later like not a day has passed????

21. Ciara has been on a roll lately. The 3 new singles are incredible. Please release an album before 2019?

22. Kiana

I think Enrique is still my fave popstar live. Which is funny cause I'd never peg him as such just cause I never rly hear people talk about his shows but he hasn't been topped yet

23. Kiana

Also I just realized that five seconds of summer song isn't Shawn Mendes. Like I knew the beginning didn't sound like him but the chorus has that raspy shout urgent kinda tone and style Shawn has oop

irthesteve and Contender like this.
  24. I'm glad you mentioned Enrique because it's been like almost a decade since I last heard of him dddd. Time for a youtube session to see if I still remember his singles!

25. Kiana

He was on fire with singles recently. Bailando, El perdon, duele El corazon.... I thought subeme la radio and move to Miami were a bit basic but like 2014-2017 was :fire:

I've never seen a live act so immersed with the crowd like not even just pop music but in general. It was wild. Women were running on the stage at him and he handled them like a pro even tho it was worrying/dangerous how easy they got up there but he remembered fans who come to his Vegas show every year and called them up on stage and drank tequila with them and was like legit in the crowd throughout like even climbing on the walls to get to the fans in the back like it was wild energy. You could just tell he's a seasoned professional who appreciates and loves his fans in a way that felt v genuine and not like patronizing and pandering. I saw him a few years ago and I felt it was a better time than like Bruno Mars even