Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pop Music General Genre • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Chaplain Tappman, Mar 7, 2016.

1. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

This is why you're no Ariana fan

2. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I honestly don't listen to a lot of artists known for their ridic good vocals. Probably Whitney, Christina, and rarely Mariah and that's it. I used to like Ariana! The evidence is destroyed now but I used to make posts waiting on when she'd kickstart her solo career.

3. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Yeah Whitney had taste. Mariah ran with is with far less of a feel for when to use it. And then Aguilera ruined it for everyone. haha

Kiana likes this.
  4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

there was definitely a time where it was like me and maybe 2 other people talking about pop music, glad it seems cool to like it now

cshadows2887 likes this.
  5. ChaseTx

Is everyone in agreement that Mariah's current millennium stuff, no thank you

6. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

Mariahs last album is excellent.

Kiana likes this.
  7. ChaseTx

My primary music interests these days are pop, country, and hip hop

8. ChaseTx

9. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

When me and Tim and Kurt and others started posting about Demi and Selena and other Disney stars it was like:
    [​IMG]

TheWater(s) and ChaseTx like this.
  10. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I always loved it but I would pretend I only liked it ironically or something? For some reason I really wanted the label of a music snob back in high school. I'd love a pop song and silently beg for it to play on the radio or mtv cause I couldn't just admit I liked it lmao. It lasted until Blackout was released. Even pretentious me could not deny those jams and I succumbed so hard. It was all over then.

ChaseTx likes this.
  11. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

ChaseTx likes this.
  12. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

Yo Zayn's Mind of Mine is dope.

13. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Anyone think this could blow up this summer? I hated it when I first heard it but kinda adore it now. It's just a blast.

14. eversotru

harmony in a sad song

There's good pop music out there that doesn't sound repetitive. I also agree with everyone, Kelly Clarkson's Breakaway album is amazing and it still holds up today.

15. eight30

Regular

So glad there's so much love for Kelly Clarkson and Demi. Also can we throw in Jessie J? I came around to her a year or 2 ago but all her albums are great and I get to see her again tonight and I can't hold my excitement in any longer!

16. twentyone Apr 10, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 10, 2016)
    twentyone

♥ / formerly 0101

This thread definitely deserves Little Mix. Salute and Get Weird are absolute gems. These girls deserve worldwide success.

17. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Kelly is amazing, I never really dug into her stuff, but my girlfriend is an uber fan, and we saw her last year and it was an amazing show. Her voice is just insane

Garrett L. and Kiana like this.
  18. It will probably blow up because it sounds like every other song in this particular style that's blown up, haha.

19. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

Speaking of Kelly Clarkson

20. eight30

Regular

Also this!

supernovagirl, Garrett L. and Meerkat like this.
  21. Meerkat

God that performance she did on Idol a few weeks ago was brutal

22. Meerkat

I didn't know the medley was a giant mash-up!! I just assumed it was going to be them weaving in and out of songs. That was so fun. Thanks for posting @eight30! Love the way they put that together

Edit: That ending :verysad:

Garrett L. likes this.
  23. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

At what point did the chain smokers become actually good they have three songs I am super into now wtf

24. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I still can't really get into Chainsmokers. Tried their EP and there's nothing there for me

25. eight30

Regular

Oh yeah I got major chills at the ending. She's so pregnant too! I could gush over her for hours haha.