Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Poorly Written Articles?

Discussion in 'Politics Forum' started by RileyWitiw, Mar 28, 2017.

1. RileyWitiw

more like absolutepop.net Supporter

Hey! Looking for a little bit of help on an assignment I'm doing for school. Trying to find poorly written articles (preferably about American or Canadian politics) that were published. Any links here would be fantastic, thanks!

2. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

What do you mean? Anything specific?

3. RileyWitiw

In retrospect, probably should have specified haha. Poor grammar, failing to deliver what is promised in the headline, long or unnecessary sentences, rambling or going off topic, etc. It's a pretty wide net we're casting, but flaws in the design of the article itself is what my teacher is going after.

After finding an article, I basically need to edit it.

4. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

woof. i need to learn to save stuff and not remove them from now on. i think @Spencer Control @Wharf Rat @Dominick are well read and i know i've laughed at stuff before so..

Would this count? Not just cause I think it's ridiculous, but...it is kinda all over the place and inconsistent lol
    Why the Alt-Left Is a Problem, Too

RileyWitiw likes this.
  5. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Just look for anything by Matt Yglesias

6. RileyWitiw

Thanks! Yeah, that is definitely in the vein of what I'm looking for. Lacks any kind of focus.

7. RileyWitiw

Put on blast, love it. Thanks!

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  8. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

my local news station is notorious for terribly written articles for the web. You can usually find incorrect spelling, bad grammar, or even getting the name of towns/cities messed up. I don't know of a recent one off hand but if you have time comb through some stories. If you're looking for political stories, here's the link: WTNH Connecticut News | Connecticut and National Politics

Wharf Rat likes this.
  9. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

Which is weird because imo CT local news is usually pretty good reporting. At least compared to what I see in Boston nowadays