Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Polyphia Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Micah511, Jul 7, 2017.

1. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

No thread specifically for them yet? odd. they just released a new song, new EP out in two weeks called The Most Hated.

I wonder if this is an indication of things to come with the electronic elements (i wouldve guessed that from the direction they were heading in Renaissance) or just a theme for this EP to have a "mixtape" feel to it.

2. Micah511

album out today, anyone listening? i like it so far, the beats seem a little busy at times, but the guitar work is still interesting.

3. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Yeah, this is a fun EP! Really like the direction they're going, and since I enjoy trap and pop music it appeals to me. I'm very surprised by the hate towards the band though!

4. Micah511

i think the hate comes from metal/tech heads that dont care about pop or rap or anything like that. i think this sets them apart from the rest of the pack. i think that this was just a fun EP for them to do, and that the follow up to Renaissance might be a little more thought out and focused.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  5. sawhney[rusted]2

Yeah, agreed. It's the kind of EP that a band releases to see what kind of ideas work, especially since there some goofy things going on with the beats, and then they bring that in a much more focused context when they present similar ideas on the album. Either way, it makes me excited for what's next.

6. Had no idea this was coming out. On track four right now. Enjoying this so far, pretty fun stuff!

7. sawhney[rusted]2

Icronic is such a ducking great song wow

8. Micah511

listened to it a lot this weekend. not as immediate as renaissance was, but thats a good thing.

9. Inna Selez

Regular

Brilliant EP. I like all tracks, can't decide which one is better.

10. Inna Selez

Regular

New video was released yesterday. Enjoy.

11. Micah511

Icronic is so cool, i can't get over it.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  12. Micah511

never posted the GOAT video here. I dig it. Hopefully news on a new album comes soon.

13. Micah511

14. Henry

Moderator Moderator

lol this is the art on spotify for the new single

[​IMG]

15. sawhney[rusted]2

Holy shit

16. sawhney[rusted]2

Can’t believe how much this band has blown up during the pandemic

trevorshmevor likes this.
  17. TomG

Trusted Supporter

Tim especially is everywhere these days.

18. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

19. TomG

Trusted Supporter

It’s catchy, I do like that these guys switch it up and try different things.

sophos34 likes this.
  20. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

they never run out of creativity thats for sure. not my favorite of all the new singles but the willingness to do something like that speaks volumes to the kind of artists they are.

21. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

which, guess ill post some of those other new tracks because it doesnt look like anyone else posts in this thread lol

sawhney[rusted]2 and TomG like this.
  22. sawhney[rusted]2

Granted this is one of my most anticipated for the remainder of the year. They’re hitting a really great melodic stride with these new songs.

Micah511, TomG and sophos34 like this.
  23. TomG

Trusted Supporter

Neurotica grew on me. Tim’s riffs at the end are awesome. Playing God Is a great natural progression. Really excited for this album

sophos34 likes this.
  24. Micah511

These songs are grabbing me way more than NL,ND so far. Love Playing God, the nylons sound so good.

25. paperlung

there's no place like my room Supporter

ok this new one with steve vai gave me goosebumps. i love vai so it was cool to see how they incorporated him. the way he was on the throne for those first couple notes was so sick

TomG, Micah511 and sophos34 like this.