Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Polar Bear Club Band • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by muttley, Mar 9, 2016.

1. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Life Between the Lines is such an unbelievable song wow I'm blown away...

AND THEYRE FROM ROCHESTER MY CURRENT HOMETOWN WTFFFFF

cubsml34 likes this.
  2. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

CH and CBGP were two of the soundtracks to my college life and CBGP is one of my all time favorites. Death Chorus was good for what it was, but it doesn't hold up at all against the rest of their material. It's a shame Jimmy's voice went to hell because I would have loved to see where they went next if it hadn't. CBGP got a lot of hype and landed on a bunch of EOTY lists. DC was a dud in comparison and ended any momentum they had.

cubsml34 likes this.
  3. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

CGDP is my favorite from them, but I'm one of the rare ones who really likes DC a lot. After hearing the story of what happened to his voice made me appreciate DC a lot more. That's actually the only Polar Bear Club record I own haha.

muttley likes this.
  4. sawhney[rusted]2

Yeah, I've been listening to this album non-stop. I can't believe I didn't listen to them back in the day.

I would have loved a Polar Bear Club, Misser, Menzingers tour in 2011/2012

Barcara, GEM37 and AlwaysEvolving21 like this.
  5. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

3/4 tango best song tho.

6. Barcara

Regular

One of my absolute favourite punk shows that I saw was The Flatliners, Menzingers and Polar Bear Club in Toronto, all touring for awesome records at the time.

7. sawhney[rusted]2

Oh man I didn't know that happened....I was pretty close in terms of touring pairing!

Also...that sounds amazing

Barcara likes this.
  8. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

I think Death Chorus was overlooked because of the vocals. Severely underrated album.

9. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

DC is a great album but it pails in comparison to the previous material the band released imo, especially when it had to follow cbgp.

10. HalfHearted

Regular

The last show that Polar Bear Club played in Buffalo, which I think was before Death Chorus was released, Jimmy made it a point to say that he went to the doctor and had everything checked out with his voice and claimed everything was OK and he could sing/yell/scream whatever you want to call it like he normally would. So when Death Chorus was released I was surprised by the change.

Barcara likes this.
  11. Just thought DC was pretty weak, all stylistic changes aside. CBGP is an all-timer though, holy hell what an album. So many great memories with that one.

12. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

13. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

I would like to hear that band.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  14. Yeah, excited to see what comes of that. Anyone know the other members' past bands besides Jimmy and Benny?

15. abear182

Regular

Damn I thought this was maybe reunion rumors are something. Was hoping maybe a reunion at FEST this year. But now it seems like PBC is well and truly dead.

But honestly stoked to hear this new band :).

16. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Now I'm wondering if Jimmy's vocals ever recovered.

17. abear182

Regular

Would be a shame if it didn't but honestly I liked his clean vocals also. Will be interesting to see if Jasmyn has singing duties also.

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  18. sawhney[rusted]2

Excited to hear the new band! Like someone said before, seems like Jimmy didn't know how to apply his new voice...maybe they should have scrapped D.C. and wrote an entirely new album, the band had too much talent to let it go to waste.

Also Prawner might be one of the best openers this scene produced, reminds me of There There or Good Things in terms of how well it sets the tone for the entire rest of the album.

JBoch, cubsml34 and trevorshmevor like this.
  19. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Nate from PBC!

20. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Holy shitballs I can't wait to hear this band !

21. vidiviciveni

Trusted

Is CBGP the consensus favorite? I was underwhelmed by it, lot of good tunes but it felt like they'd polished their edge a little too much. Give me STJD or CH instead any day.

Stoked to hear some new music anyhow

22. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

I think CBGP is probably their most revered, but I think all three of those albums rip and have special places in my heart. That was a fun run of records.

cubsml34 likes this.
  23. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Yeah i love all 3 but I think CBGP is the most consistent and cohesive record

24. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

Just came across their Audiotree session from right after Death Chorus. Sad to hear how much Jimmy struggled to get through these songs. Couldn't provide any grit to the CBGP ones at all.

25. ugman_2000

Trusted Prestigious

It wasn't my favourite at the time but retrospectively CBGP found its way to the top of my list. I still proper love the STJD and the TRTB ep too though. My Order would prob go CBGP>TRTB>STJD>CH>DC.

Anyways stoked to hear that Jimmy and Nate are in a new band and I've always loved Bennie in Gasight so glad to see him back in a band too.