Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Polar Bear Club Band • Page 12

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by muttley, Mar 9, 2016.

1. ghostxvapor

Trusted

Same. Serious AOTY contender for me

2. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

I really wish that Jimmy's voice had more punch like it did on CBGP. From a production standpoint I mean.

3. Yeah, I enjoyed this record but the mix is a little rough in a way that diminished my ability to get into the album. You can tell that Jimmy's still got it though.

JBoch likes this.
  4. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

I had that poster back in the day lol

Indigo, sophos34, JBoch and 5 others like this.
  5. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Lol the movie came out like 2 months I got really into CBGP, I was freaking out in the theater

6. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

Just threw on CBGP to make sure it's still one of my all-time favorites. Yep. Still amazing.

7. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

literally same

Indigo, MexicanGuitars and JBoch like this.
  8. Collins

Trusted

One of my favorite memories of these guys is seeing them on the GK tour (2011/2012ish), they took double the time of the other bands to get their sound right, killed the crowd with all the waiting, but right when the opening notes of Pawner hit the place went absolutely nuts. Awesome show

9. MexicanGuitars

CBGP is still the album I point to as the sum being greater than the parts. To be sure, the individual songs are awesome, but from to back it’s just unrelenting.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  10. vidiviciveni

Trusted

I don't hear what y'all are hearing with this Shy Tooth album, sounds like a less interesting Death Chorus which was already their least interesting album

Wish I dug it, I'm pining

11. I will always defend Death Chorus, I love that album to pieces, but I'll admit that even the Shy Tooth stuff I enjoy hasn't really scratched the PBC itch.

12. MexicanGuitars

I can't listen to Death Chorus to this day but like Shy Tooth lol

13. Death Chorus is a good record

14. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Death Chorus is a bad record with bad vocals

15. To me the songwriting is their most focused on Death Chorus and his vocals sound absolutely fine without all the grit, it just takes some getting used to.

Furry Werthers and Aaron Mook like this.
  16. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

For me, Death Chorus is an okay record. It's competent and well written, but they lost step without Jimmy's gritty vocals that made them unique.

vidiviciveni, Collins and irthesteve like this.
  17. Snoblin

Goblin Person Prestigious

Naw bad take

Furry Werthers and Aaron Mook like this.
  18. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

it’s dece

Indigo likes this.
  19. vidiviciveni

Trusted

Yeah this

It wasn't just clean vocals that killed it either, he's done great clean vocals before, it was how nasally they got. I get that he had to do it to save his voice, but its like hearing a different band from the one that wrote Sometimes Things Just Disappear. It wasn't just his voice that lost the edge, heavy guitars were absent, the writing was very pop-punk - it just was not the right fit for this band

Phantom Mountain likes this.
  20. ghostxvapor

Trusted

One of my friends suggested that the producer wasn't the best fit for them

21. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Who produced it

22. I think will yip

23. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

CBGP
    Dissapear
    Redder
    Chasing
    Death Chorus

I don't mind Death Chorus but it's 100% their weakest and has what I would consider their only bad songs

24. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

I love the songwriting on DC, I also don't really have problems with vocals for like 80% of the record. I find all of their records to be pretty hard to rank due to how good they all are/the consistency.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  25. Yeah I can't really rank their records but Sometimes Things Just Disappear is very special to me. "Eat Dinner...," "Burned Out in a Jar," "Convinced I'm Wrong," hoo boy

JaytotheGee and Snoblin like this.