Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Polar Bear Club Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by muttley, Mar 9, 2016.

1. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

RIP

2. I miss this band like crazy every time I listen to them. One of the best in their genre.

I guess I'll start the debate right away: Death Chorus is my favorite PBC album.

Snoblin and muttley like this.
  3. muttley

Agreed. That's been my go-to since it came out. Wish they had a good track to replace Siouxsie Jeanne, though.

4. Timmiluvs

I play video games fast Prestigious

I saw them live on what I think was either their last tour or the second to last one with Citizen.

They were incredible, put on an amazing show and the songs from Death Chorus sounded great live. Having them end the set with "The Redder, The Better" was perfect.

5. muttley

I just realized that TRTB is almost 10 years old.

6. Timmiluvs

Don't remind me haha.

7. muttley

I still remember downloading Sometimes Things Just Disappear on a whim for whatever reason and listening to it at my kitchen table. I think that was the first time I listened to the band. Either that, or I looked them up before downloading and heard Resent and Resistance on their Myspace. That's still one of, if not my favorite song of theirs.

8. Timmiluvs

I think I first found them surfing YouTube in like 2008 or something. I hated them at first, but I went back a few days later to check out some more stuff and feel in love with the first EP. Everything else just came after that.

muttley likes this.
  9. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I love Clash Battle Guilt Pride so much, it always felt to me like the album that Rise Against just don't have the ablity to make any more. The grit of that record and his vocals are just perfect to my ears. The 1-2 punch of the opening two tracks is unbeatable. I realy never got into that last album, the vocal changes were just not something I enjoy

ghostxvapor and Michael Schmidt like this.
  10. muttley

They set the bar pretty high with CBGP.

11. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Dig everything up to the last record. I like some of the songs on Death Chorus, but it is not on the same level imo as CBGP, Chasing Hamburg, and STJD.

12. Timmiluvs

Death Chorus grew on me. I wasn't a fan until I saw songs performed live. The energy they brought to them was great (since the record overall just felt like it was lacking energy on the studio recordings). I grew to enjoy it on later listens.

13. muttley

I still don't get the meaning of WLWYCD. Then again, I was embarrassingly slow to figure out "Live fast, die young."

14. Michael Schmidt

The live presentations didn't do much for me because the Cleveland show for the Death Chorus tour did not have a ton of people there. It was depressing.

15. Timmiluvs

Oh damn, that's a shame. The venue I saw them in was smallish (500 or so cap) and a bunch left after Citizen, but for the couple hundred that did stick around, it was killer.

16. Michael Schmidt

Maybe there was about 100ish. I can't remember for sure. It was a stark difference from when they were doing their CBGP run.

17. muttley

I think the last good turnout I saw for them was in 2011 with Make Do and Mend. The place was damn near empty by the time they went on during the last tour.

18. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I think I actually saw these dudes at a Warped Tour one time and I remember it being great

19. I never got to see them headline, but I saw them open three times (twice for TWY, once for TBS), and they were spectacular every time.

cubsml34 likes this.
  20. ghostxvapor

Trusted

I miss this band :(

muttley likes this.
  21. muttley

My hopes are going to skyrocket anytime someone bumps this thread.

22. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

I've seen them live twice. The first time their music didn't really catch my ear but the second time I enjoyed it. What do you guys recommend?

23. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

24. muttley

Yeah, definitely don't let Death Chorus scare you away from the rest of their catalog. You might like it, though.

25. muttley

"Don't try and sound right, just hope you're honest, trust you'll end up somewhere."

Thanks, PBC.

cubsml34 likes this.