Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pokémon: Detective Pikachu (Rob Letterman, May 10, 2019) Movie • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by justin., Jan 29, 2018.

1. justin. Nov 9, 2018
    (Last edited: Nov 9, 2018)
    justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

REPORT: ‘POKÉMON: DETECTIVE PIKACHU’ Test Screening Received Extremely Positive Reactions

“Jam-packed with easter eggs, good performances, and a great script, DetectivePikachu wowed the audience with what seems like the first legitimately great video game film. Keep in mind, this was just one screening, but the early results are very promising.

A lot of the praise goes to Ryan Reynolds as Pikachu, who apparently knocked it out of the park. Expect the usual charm he brings as he portrays arguably the most recognizable Pokémon ever. It is also said he has great chemistry with the lead Justice Smith, who plays Tim Goodman, the son of the missing detective. The CGI is not finished, but Pikachu’s look was apparently very well done. As was previously reported, all of the creatures will look hyper-realistic, similar to Rocket Racoon in the Guardians films.

Speaking of Pokémon, we will not divulge exactly which ones made an appearance but expect some GREAT surprises that will have hardcore fans foaming at the mouth. The film avoids relying on fan service and instead focuses on telling a mystery in a unique, neon-lit world where Pokemon and humans live in harmony.“

Trailer Tracker is also saying that we’ll get the first trailer next week.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  2. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I really hope this is good. Enough of the right pieces are in place for me to be excited, even though it could easily be hot trash. The goofy premise might help people accept the weirdness of live action Pokemon easier.

If this works, I honestly would be into them pursuing a live action traditional Pokemon movie, badges and all. Like, not a straight adaptation of Ash/Red's classic adventure, though an appearance from him (played by a Japanese actor, dang it) could be cool. But, like, take the traditional video game extended universe, create a new protagonist, and follow their journey up to (for film #1) getting badge #1 (w/ an eye to a potential trilogy).

The above idea obviously only works if the look of these Pokemon isn't dead on arrival, lol.

FrankieThe4th, justin. and Joe4th like this.
  3. Lucas27

Trusted

This movie sounds like such a terrible idea that I feel like there’s no way it isn’t going to actually be really good. How else would it get made? Hahaha.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  4. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I would love for Ash to pop up later on with a Japanese actor portraying him. Bonus points if his name is Satoshi and Ash is just a trainer name or something.

I’m guessing Giovanni was originally supposed to represent the Japanese mafia and not the Italian but he was given an Italian name for western releases?

The “neon-lit world” excites me. Give me some eye candy!

Edit: London was used as the background while filming so maybe this could be a city close to Unova and future films could expand to other regions?

5. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Now I am hyped.

6. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

Honestly, I haven't really been fully into Pokemon in awhile, but I can't wait to see this. I wouldn't be surprised if they released the trailer on Thursday or Friday.

7. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

8. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Idk what to feel/think after watching that haha

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  9. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

holy shit

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  10. tvck

Trusted

oh. my. god

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  11. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

this will be one of the greatest films in history

12. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

I am losing my mind

13. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Not huge on how the Pokemon actually look, but I'm still sold on this. Looks hilarious, can't wait

14. from: skulls

Regular

insane.

15. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

in the membrane.

16. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

The chemistry between Justice Smith and the Pikachu seems to be there. I’m excited.

17. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

This has no business looking as good as it does. Holy shit.

18. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I'm willing to take a Rhydon this train

19. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

yes

20. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Also, a sigh of relief that the Sinnoh poster confirms that the regions exist.

Tim and RyanPm40 like this.
  21. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

That fucking Charizard, I can’t

Dog with a Blog and RyanPm40 like this.
  22. Suuuuper sold

23. Henry

Moderator Moderator

24. the only movie I need to see in 2019

25. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

wow yeah okay let's do this