Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pokemon Video Game • Page 430

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by PyramidPostcard, Mar 8, 2016.

1. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Yes if you are trying to play online in the singles or doubles ladder. If not, then it doesn’t matter as much.

2. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Ah dammit, gonna have to re-catch some shinies now. Glad I have a bunch I didn’t train at all, gonna take forever. My tapu fini is ruined, sigh.

3. maldoror

#1 Mudsdale fan

bottle caps, nature mints, and EV reducing berries are a godsend in this scenario. Don't recatch; mold the ones you have.

4. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Well, you can’t do anything with evs if they’re already level 100 haha

5. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

It sucks that you can’t lower an iv, I have so many good trick room types that are perfect

Penguin likes this.
  6. maldoror

#1 Mudsdale fan

I'm pretty sure if you use EV berries on level 100 mons, you can use vitamins to bring them back up. There is no limit on vitamin use in gen VIII as well.

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  7. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

I know some stats can still be increased if they’re not maxed out but you can only max out two stats? That’s why I assume you have to ev train as well, to increase the other stuff.

8. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

There is someone in the Isle of Armor that will erase EVs for 10 pieces of armorite ore but yeah currently no way to remove ivs. That’s probably the last QOL change that needs to be added for competitive play.

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  9. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Hopefully they’ll do that in the remake but more likely not

10. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Some people think there may be a third DLC, like as a same day drop on the 25th anniversary. Idk how likely it is but maybe then if they are really doing that.

11. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Idk, I feel like it’s more likely in the next gen but sooner would definitely be better. There’s been rumors about a new dlc but idk how legit that could be considering there’s already probably three games happening next year so not getting my hopes up.

12. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

I wouldn’t take the other games into account in regards to whether there is more DLC. The teams that are working on Pokémon Snap and the Mystery Dungeon stuff is not the same as the mainline games. And the team that is doing the DLCs is separate from the team that did the base SwSh, which is likely the group that would be working on whatever the next release is whether it’s Sinnoh remakes or Gen 9.

13. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah but are they going to put a new game out every 3 months or so? Just would be kind of surprising. Have they ever done something like that before?

14. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

I mean it is a milestone anniversary year so I wouldn’t be surprised if they have a lot up their sleeve.

15. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Give me the honest truth about Ultra Sun/Moon. I only played halfway through Sun but I’m thinking about giving gen 7 a second chance and I’ve heard the Ultra games are better.

16. JRShoenberger

Trusted

I’ve never wanted to go back to Sun/moon. Too many cut scenes and the games feel slow.
    But they have some of my favorite Pokémon designs and landscapes.

17. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Definitely better in the sense that there is more to do post game. I didn't feel like it added a ton of content to the main story, so that is still a drag.

18. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

If you want to make it interesting, try doing your US/UM play through as a Nuzlock or some other sort of challenge. It’s what I do when I check out the older games, and it gives my play through a bit more fun.

19. Penguin

just let me cry a little bit longer Prestigious

I don't know why, but Ultra felt like such a slog to get through. I heard post-game is fun, but I never even got to it. :(

Contender likes this.
  20. DerekIsAGooner

maldoror and DefeatTheLow like this.
  21. Henry

Moderator Moderator

JRShoenberger likes this.
  22. DerekIsAGooner

I want it now.

23. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Looks like it's gonna be 60 bucks ughhhh was hoping 40 at the most.

24. DerekIsAGooner

I literally pulled out my 2DS today to start a play through of Diamond, but with the Gen 4 remake leaks that dropped today I think I'll wait on that. I might give B2W2 or ORAS a spin instead.

25. JRShoenberger

Trusted

I can’t wait to try out D/P again. I never finished them....