Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pokemon Video Game • Page 379

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by PyramidPostcard, Mar 8, 2016.

1. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Yea, I guess if it was for the fans who didn't get all the promo cards

RyanPm40 likes this.
  2. Tides

@IMTides_

Pokémon Home information just got released, $16 a year, but it has some decent features I guess

Pokémon HOME

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  3. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

$16 a year feels very worth it

I'm especially glad that GTS isn't locked behind Premium (even though I'll be getting Premium anyway)

4. Fucking Dustin

I'm glad Pokemon listened to how annoyed Jake and I were yesterday

PeacefulOrca and Jake W like this.
  5. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Did they do an announcement video on it?

Will there be a free trial? I really just wanna put all my go stuff on there because I don't play anymore but it would be cool not to have to pay full price just for that.

6. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

there’s a free version. and a subscription plan with a minimum 1 month, so those are options you can take

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  7. Furry Werthers

Trusted

Yeah it seems like from what I'm understanding here that the free version is gonna essentially function like the 3DS games did, so far as being able to do one GTS trade or one Wonder Trade at a time, where the paid version lets you do a bunch and you can open those Room Trades? Is there more benefit to getting the paid subscription?

8. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm looking at the site now, seems like the mystery gift feature might be worth paying for

9. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

30 Pokémon vs 6,000 Pokémon can be transferred is one haha

10. Tides

@IMTides_

[​IMG]
    Here's the site's comparison for basic (free) and premium, along with the costs.

The 30 Pokémon limit for basic is pretty rough if you care about storing large amounts of Pokémon for a long time. It's pretty cool that they're going to make Bank free for a month on Home's release so you can rescue all your old Pokémon without having to pay for Bank if you don't currently do so.

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  11. Tides

@IMTides_

It sounds like they aren't going to be supporting GO out of the game, so maybe they'll spend some time cooking something up for lucky Pokémon?

If I was going to guess what kind of thing they might do, maybe higher IVs when transferred, or transferring with Pokérus maybe?

PeacefulOrca and Fucking Dustin like this.
  12. Fucking Dustin

I'm betting it might get a certain ribbon or something since those can be equipped for titles in SwSh

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  13. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

My only lucky (I think) is a close to perfect moltres

It would be fun if it was something like if you use your lucky in a raid with the person you got it from you get a boosted shiny/iv chance or something

14. Tides

@IMTides_

Honestly a ribbon for lucky Pokémon is probably the best shout. Maybe ribbon and Pokérus (to simulate the quicker/cheaper power ups lucky 'mon get?) is what they end up going with.

Or you might just get nothing lol

Fucking Dustin and PeacefulOrca like this.
  15. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Yea, leaning toward nothing TBH haha

16. Fucking Dustin

I'm addicted to ribbon hunting now and it's a problem

I don't want shinies anymore I just want recluses and mist drifters and shit

17. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

16 dollars a year to have 10 Wonder Trades going at all times, sign me the fuck up

PeacefulOrca and morgantayler like this.
  18. Shrek

wait where does it say Go isnt supported out of the gate?

19. Fucking Dustin

upload_2020-1-28_10-5-3.png

20. Shrek

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  21. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

That price is absurd.

22. Fucking Dustin

My only real negative take is I think Pokemon Bank should be free the moment Home launches and should remain free until it's inevitably discontinued. There's no reason anyone should have to pay for both at the same time after the 1 month free of Bank.

23. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I would be shocked if Bank lasts much longer.

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  24. Fucking Dustin

Yeah right before you quoted this I edited and added "until it's inevitably discontinued" haha, I'm sure everything's shifting into Home

25. Tides

@IMTides_

$16 a year is definitely pretty rough, if I'd had to have guessed before today I would have expected maybe $10 a year, but at least they're giving us more than just "here's some storage space".

And they do technically have the free version, even if it's kinda limited in a number of ways. You could just pay for Bank and then get a month of Home whenever they add new Pokémon to Sw/Sh or the next set of games and transfer stuff up from Bank that way and it'd be cheaper, but that's too much hassle for me so I'll just get the year of Home and never touch Bank again I think. I don't play the old games anymore anyway so it's whatever.