Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pokemon Video Game • Page 376

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by PyramidPostcard, Mar 8, 2016.

1. lati

formerly spaghettti Supporter

0240D85E-9E3D-4E1B-AE07-5D795F016848.jpeg

J.C., maldoror, Oddpac87 and 2 others like this.
  2. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

HAHAHA

Shrek likes this.
  3. J.C.

adorkable Prestigious

u beautiful affront to god

FB_IMG_1579618082588.jpg

FB_IMG_1579618094609.jpg

Oddpac87, RyanPm40, Henry and 2 others like this.
  4. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

What is the advantage not to dmax?

5. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Dynamax weakens your fighting type moves and disables your choice band/specs/scarf

So I don't think there's an advantage to not dynamaxing at all but I certainly think there are certain Pokemon I wouldn't dynamax with in regular situations. Dracovish is a great example since it normally carries choice band and you want choice band + Fishious Rend over Max Geyser since 170 base power + band > 130 base power without band

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  6. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

True, true. I was watching this dude play and he refused to dynamax when he could've easily swept. I don't think any of the mons he used had good options like that, though. It was frustrating lol he still narrowily ended up winning.

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  7. Fucking Dustin

Yeah I probably wouldn't play a game where I didn't dynamax at ALL unless like I had a good hold and didn't wanna forfeit that hold, but considering you said "narrowly" I'm guessing it was too close for comfort haha

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  8. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

I think sometimes you just really overthink but watching someone else do it is frustrating lol he had a 5-3 advantage and probably would have swept but instead it ended up getting down to the last pair

9. J.C.

adorkable Prestigious

if anybody is planning on hunting for shinies of the fossils, my tips would be to make sure you change the text speed to fast and go into it with the expectation that it could take a couple weeks. it's kinda arduous cause you're just sitting there pressing A in perpetuity, but my mindset was just that i needed to burn through as many encounters as quickly as possible. you can get 3 or so revivals per minute, which works out to a couple hundred per hour. you'll probably need to get through a few thousand before you have a really decent shot at one, i think mine ended up somewhere near 3000.

RyanPm40, Henry and PeacefulOrca like this.
  10. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

i appreciate y'alls drive but that's gonna be a big no from me dawg

11. JRShoenberger

Trusted

Yup.

12. Fucking Dustin

If I liked the fossils I'd probably try, but I just don't like any of em shiny this gen. Dracovish is amazing though so it's cool to have a shiny of it, I just don't want it badly enough to try

Will stick with Masuda method until we get an unbreedable fossil I want

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  13. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

so, it's like a Pokémon the movie remake but 3D?

RyanPm40 likes this.
  14. Furry Werthers

Trusted

Yeah, i believe it was released in Japan a little bit back, but it's essentially a 3D remake of the original pokémon movie

15. RyanPm40

Seems like such a silly thing to do, but hey, it's pretty cool to get younger generations familiar with the same movie that was fucking huuuge to us as kids. To this day, my parents tell me how mind-numbingly bad that was to them and that it made no fucking sense lmao

16. RyanPm40

Am I the only one who thinks that Bede, a young boy, looks 65 years old? Lol. I think it's that hair color.

morgantayler likes this.
  17. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

The first time I saw the character pre-release, without any context, I thought he was an old woman lol.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  18. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Pokémon likes to push boundaries

RyanPm40 likes this.
  19. Henry

Moderator Moderator

that movie got pretty terrible reviews iirc

20. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

I’m excited for the remake but will miss the 90s insert songs

21. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

The original one sucked too, we were just super youthful so we didn't realize it lol it's purely nostalgia

22. Fucking Dustin

Yeah I rewatched it with my kids and was like "yeah even for a kids movie this is just really bad" hahaha

Didn't ruin my memories tho

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  23. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

I thought they would maybe tweak it so it was better but apparently not

24. Henry

Moderator Moderator

if it weren't for the first movie, we wouldn't have this

alina likes this.
  25. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

the Pikachu's Vacation short ahead of the original that debuted Marill and Snubbull is in the top five most hype moments of my life, i lost my entire shit

Joe4th and DrAlanGrant like this.