Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pokemon Video Game • Page 229

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by PyramidPostcard, Mar 8, 2016.

1. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I know I’m going to be in the minority but a new region to explore is good enough for me. I don’t care to have 50 new Pokémon. The list is already at 829. I wouldn’t mind if eventually only new regions are made with a mix of current Pokémon appearing in them.

That said, we can definitely expect some more new Pokémon that haven’t been revealed due to Game Freak not putting in the full dex.

Shrek, Slangster and Fucking Dustin like this.
  2. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

I've said it before but I'll never understand why some people think you can't be critical of aspects of things you enjoy

3. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I really like Fatchu but I got Let’s Go Eevee. :/

4. Jake W

I'm still mad they got rid of megas for gigigigigigimaxing

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  5. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

If there's anything I'm upset about it's how much continuous Gen1 pandering is happening

I was hoping having like the Let's Go games would halt that a bit but that was stupid of me

I don't dislike Gen1 or anything but does everything have to revolve around those same Pokemon

morgantayler, Joe4th and Jake W like this.
  6. Fucking Dustin

Yeah Megas were so much fun

Jake W likes this.
  7. Jake W

Yeah. I'd get it if gen 1 was the only thing that was popular, but sun and moon sold so many copies the constant gen 1 pandering doesn't make sense

8. Jake W

I think they did an amazing job on most of the mega designs, and they made some useless Pokémon actually good, seems a waste to just give that up now

Joe4th and Fucking Dustin like this.
  9. Jake W

I think butterfree looks cool but it so easily could have just been a mega ugh

10. Fucking Dustin

There was already a Mega Beedrill too! It would've been so easy to be like "Hey we're gonna have Mega Butterfree too to go along with it"!

Jake W likes this.
  11. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I would like to see a Galarian Butterfree tbh. Some crazy wings design or something

12. Jake W

That leak that was correct mentioned Galarian Lapras didn't it?

Now that I want to see

13. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

The familiarity of gen 1 is a big reason that they go back to it. The overnight success Pokémon Go supported the popularity of gen 1 mons, at least to Game Freak. You had every day Pokémon fans to ambassadors of other countries taking photos and playing PoGo when it was first released because the gen 1 mons are recognizable outside of Pokémon fandom. This can partially be due to how much gen 1 has been advertised since the first games but it’s true.

GameFreak might also be too focused on paying tribute to their roots and what got them here which wouldn’t be a surprise with how indie and small they like to act.

14. Henry

Moderator Moderator

nope. gigantimax. It has a thicker shell with music notes around it.

15. Jake W

Ugh what a letdown

incognitojones likes this.
  16. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

idk, i am incredibly pumped for these these games despite some of the big glaring frustrations. i will happily take some leaps forward mechanically for the series even if it comes with a less robust slate of new monsters if that's what it takes to get those features. the Wild Area and stuff is super cool to me.

Slangster likes this.
  17. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

that's every video game thread on the forum lol

alina and Fucking Dustin like this.
  18. Jake W

nah not the nintendo thread

19. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

I'd actually appreciate it going into a new Pokemon game with little knowledge of what's in store. It's been a long time since I've been able to do that. The only thing, as it's already been stated, is that I just want to know the starter evolutions so I have a clear idea of who to choose.

20. Jake W

Imagine if we didn't know Litten's evolutions before the game was out

Would have been hilariously painful

Joe4th likes this.
  21. lati

formerly spaghettti Supporter

To be devil’s advocate, we would know due to people getting the game as early as possible and reviewing everything day of.

justin. likes this.
  22. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

i think, assuming there is a ton of stuff that we aren't seeing, that its fun to not know very much going in! takes me back to the good old days pre internet. the sense of adventure and discovery that these games are capable of imparting is valuable and good imo.

23. Jake W

I think it's cool to not know much about the games before release, what I don't like/what concerns me is they keep teasing these announcements then show basically nothing

24. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Wow. So many bad takes.

25. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

IMG_20191016_115142.jpg