Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pokemon Video Game • Page 197

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by PyramidPostcard, Mar 8, 2016.

1. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

You think? That’s interesting.

2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Shofu makes some good points about not including a lot of mons. He says that it will make pokes more viable in the competitive scene. Leaving out a lot of legendary pokes gives a lot of mons a chance to shine where they hadn't before. We'll see if that ends up being the case.

3. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

They just want to make Farfetch'd viable for the first time

4. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

This makes sense, but as someone who cares way more about collecting than battling it still sucks.

Shrek and Fucking Dustin like this.
  5. Jake W

ngl the outrage from competitive folks about certain pokemon getting left out will be funny to watch

Joe4th likes this.
  6. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I'm on the "include everything, you cowards" boat tbh

7. Jake W

I swear if they don't include Diancie I'm going to riot

8. lati

formerly spaghettti Supporter

Is it true they’re not including some just because they don’t have animations for them? I didn’t hear this on any of the official streams

9. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

At the end of the Treehouse stream Masuda says something like “with the new hardware allowing us to be much more expressive with the Pokémon, and with the number being well over 800 now...” Which kind of implies that it was too much work to animate them all.

10. lati

Ahh gotcha, it wasn’t really said straight up and that’s why I missed it. If we have to wait until the next game system for all the pokes due to this poor processing power.......

11. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

12. JRShoenberger

Trusted

Since I’m not a collector, this is an honest question:

Why does it matter if all Pokémon are included in this game if you already have them from a past Gen and can transfer them to Pokémon Home? Wouldn’t that be where you hold your living dex anyway?

13. Bane

The spiciest meme

Because people always want the OPTION to have them in the games regardless of them actually doing it. Like I get it, it's unfortunate, but I'm not super torn up about it and realistically they were gonna have to stop at some point there's so fuckin many of them now

14. J.C.

adorkable Prestigious

I would assume they probably prioritized legendaries and that they'll all wind up in the game. For one, they're generally the most popular mons; they have their own movies, they're among the most recognizable and marketable pokemon in the franchise. Second, they make for cheap post-game content. People will keep playing the game to get them all, some'll waste days and weeks resetting for shines.

15. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Some people use the same team and have been using Pokémon for over a decade that they bring over from each game.

VanMastaIteHab likes this.
  16. lati

Given the outcry from so many fans already, I would say that’s a tentative “likely”. If fans will pay, there’s no reason for them to stop trying to include them all.

however it IS Nintendo so .......

17. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Pokémon home is a fine place to store all of them sure, but what’s the point if I can’t even see a full model of them? There’s also the whole thing of collecting Pokémon that have perfect stats/IVs, and those will be worthless if you can’t bring them to the main games.

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  18. Bane

The spiciest meme

To be fair, what makes you think Home won't have a full model viewer? We technically haven't seen Home yet I don't think right? But again yea not having them IN the games is unfortunate.

19. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

It also just sucks that a lot of people’s favorite Pokémon won’t be in the game and I don’t have the option to use them on a team. For example, Houndour/Houndoom is my favorite Pokémon of all time, but it’s not especially popular or good. I feel like it has a good chance of not making the cut. Someone else mentioned Diancie, another one that doesn’t feel especially likely.

20. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

I guess Home could re-use the models from sun/moon, but that just feels weird if there’s also going to be all these newer better models from let’s go and sw/sh in there.

21. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

So what if you import one of your old Pokemon that isn’t in this game into this game? Won’t work because they did not animiate it? Because that would be a pretty bad move. At that point they should just not include fancy animations for all Pokemon.

Pokemon makes so much money and these games aren’t exactly graphical powerhouses, so they’re exaggerating.

22. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

if it's not in Sword and Shield, you cant transfer it all. worse yet, it's a one way transfer to home for all games but SwSh. so, if you transfer a Pokemon from Sun and Moon from Bank into Home and that Pokemon is not in SwSh, it is trapped in Home indefinitely until a game that does include that Pokemon is released. it's a shit sandwich.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  23. Shrek Jun 12, 2019
    (Last edited: Jun 12, 2019)
    Shrek

i haven't read a single good excuse yet.

- if they claim it's for competitive reasons, they could just create matchmaking guidelines where you cant bring certain Pokemon into certain competitions. like, rooms specifically for tournament play that wont allow certain Pokemon in a party. easy fix.
    - theres not too many Pokemon and it's not hardware limitation. it's not like all the Pokemon need to be rendered at once. the ONLY excuse is if the 900 animations wont fit on the biggest available Switch cartridge.

it's bullshit. if they had said "we need more time to faithfully bring the remaining Pokemon to modern standards and hope to make a fully compatible transfer system for future entries, but for now we have selected a greatest hits of sorts" it would be fine. as a philosophy shift, it is trash. it is the most artificial of scarcities being created so if, say, Gible isn't in SwSh, they can be like "BUT LOOK GIBLE IS IN THE NEW SHARPSWORD AND STEADFASTSHIELD GAMES"

i am usually all for a formula shift but this is a formula amputation. collecting is all i care about, ive never played a competitive battle in my life.

24. Jake W

If it was for Competitive they could just do an Uber/OU/UU type thing that Showdown has. Not that hard

Shrek likes this.
  25. Shrek

haven't been this confounded with a dev teams thought process since they eliminated monster collecting from Ni No Kuni II and look how that went