Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pokemon Video Game • Page 179

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by PyramidPostcard, Mar 8, 2016.

1. JRShoenberger

Trusted

mine is:
    1. Nidoking
    2. X/Y
    3. Pinball (if Smash ultimate counts, that)
    4. Lugia
    5. Charizard X
    6. Ninetales
    7. Cindaquil
    8. Kalos
    9. Goodra
    10. Jirachi
    11. Blue
    12. Juniper
    13. Lance
    14. Skull
    15. Bill
    16. Snowbelle City
    17. I don’t play with the sound on
    18. Jynx
    19. ?
    20. Ground
    21. Earthquake
    22. Levitate
    23. Quick Ball
    24. Decidueyes
    25. ?

2. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

1. Mimikyu
    2. HeartGold
    3. Snap
    4. Meloetta
    5. Gardevoir
    6. Marowak
    7. Piplup (starter fav), Primarina (final form fav)
    8. Johto
    9. Garchomp
    10. Mew
    11. Silver
    12. Juniper
    13. Sabrina / Agatha / Cynthia
    14. Rocket
    15. Sabrina
    16. Goldenrod
    17. Gold/Silver/Crystal
    18. Ferrothorn
    19. Red in G/S/C
    20. Fairy
    21. Scald
    22. Contrary
    23. Red Card
    24. Oceanic Operatta
    25. Vaporeon

JRShoenberger likes this.
  3. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

4. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

There’s about to a thousand new funkos great

ghostedaway likes this.
  5. Henry

Moderator Moderator

How is there still a market? Feels like it's been flooded to the point of saturation.

6. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

I’m surprised they didn’t cash in when amiibo was at its peak. At the very least with cards

Jake W likes this.
  7. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

As Pokémon fans know, the idea of collecting something nearly endless offers a strange psychological fulfillment, and never really ends in a capitalist fueled hyper consumerist culture.

They’ll be the last company going and I don’t get the appeal what is with the eyes.

8. StepsInADance

so much for them! Prestigious

i actually think funko pops look kind of terrible. gives us more access to nendoroids!

9. Bane

The spiciest meme

I used to get Funko Pops but have pretty much stopped, but I'm open to ones that are like, non-human and unique looking. But honestly the hate for Funko Pops is really overblown.

They're a great gateway for people to start collecting that would not have been collectors before. They're a reasonable price for people to start collections, and wildely available with HUNDREDS of series' to pique your interest. Why be gatekeepers for collecting figures and push those people away from exploring collecting more and potentially going onto Nendoroids, Figma, or what have you? It's just comes off as super elitist in my eyes. Sure the style isn't for everyone and they're very basic when comparing to other figures but what I listed above puts them above other figures in terms of accessibility.

10. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I have probably around 100 Pops. Stopped buying them entirely and went to $200 statues. Bad trade off. lol

Contender and Joe4th like this.
  11. JRShoenberger

Trusted

Wasn't there supposed to be an announcement today?

Maybe it was just a rumor. .

12. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Probably just a rumor. Coro Coro was out this week and it was all stuff we've seen and a message saying "More news soon from Coro Coro."

JRShoenberger likes this.
  13. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

I honestly wonder if being into Pokémon at a young age is the reason I’m sort of a collector of things. Like if there is something I buy and it’s part of a series, I want them all even if I don’t particularly want some of them. Especially if the collection is just starting out then I’m all on it.

14. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

It’s just a brain thing, if it wasn’t Pokémon it’d be something else. Collectibles is a format that sells.

15. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

Just started a Black 2 playthrough last night. Gen 5 is the only gen I haven't fully played through. Currently rocking a team of Snivey, Flaffy, Riolu (that guy took an hour of wandering around the farm to find), Pidove (mainly to help with the poison gym since Whiripede is part bug and I have no counter for it), and Psyduck.

16. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

is anyone playing the pokemon tcg online game? i just started a few days ago and it’s pretty fun

StepsInADance and Fucking Dustin like this.
  17. Fucking Dustin

I play it sometimes! I'm not great

Next time I login I'll post my username (don't remember it but it's saved somewhere)

zigbigwig likes this.
  18. StepsInADance

i used to play a ton, like i wouldnt start my day until i had my coffee and got in at least 2 matches on it. i sort of dropped it and now i dont really know what the meta is. id like to get back into it though, one of mt biggest nintendo pipe dreams is for them to bring it to switch.

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  19. zigbigwig

what was your last set? i’m still fumbling but fortunately I’ve played enough card games to know how to catch up. rn i’ve just been playing theme decks. but i did a quick look of the meta, and it seems like there are a lot of Ylvetal decks lying around

20. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Y'all can't just post in here all willy nilly during a release cycle.

21. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

I’ve played a little of tcg online but I really have no idea what I’m doing. Card games aren’t really my thing but I’d like to get into it

22. StepsInADance

i think my last set was steam siege. is it the yveltal ex stuff? that was pretty dominanat when i played too and they might have done reptrints of it since it was very popular. the cool thing about the tcg online is that it gives room for people to play with decks that you wouldnt other wise use. the actual tournament scene is usually only the 4 same decks.

check out darkintegralgaming, he makes decks out of most cards in every set and theyre easy to make and a lot of them can be a very fun.

zigbigwig likes this.
  23. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I don't really understand TCG much, but I watch worlds every year. I remember one year this dude had a Suicune and the other guy just couldn't do anything to it. Those are the types of deck I love playing in Magic.

24. Fucking Dustin

The theme deck with Gengar is the one I use most

25. zigbigwig

yeah that's the one. I bought the Blazing Volcano theme deck but I don't have everything unlocked yet so I'm working on that.

thanks will def check this out.

magic is def my main tcg. i've been playing a lot of other tcg's recently but most of them I just ask myself, "this is so similar to magic why am i not just playing magic".

Pokemon TCG is different enough. I haven't played much, so most games I play are just 1-sided and consist of 1 pokemon just sweeping everything. Whoever gets to build the PoI hope that's not the norm because that wouldn't be fun to watch at all.

oh and btw my name in-game is also zigbigwig