Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pokemon Video Game • Page 177

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by PyramidPostcard, Mar 8, 2016.

1. DesolateEarth

Birb

Woops dunno how but I missed that haha. I'm okay with this. I still like gyms.

2. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

so is this going to be Pokemon soccer, or just actual soccer? or is that just a gym? one of the scenes in the trailer shows the main character entering a stadium in uniform

3. DeathOrGlory

Just a friendly reminder

There's a lot of grumbling that this seems to be a continued refinement of the formula and isn't a big, ambitious AAA Pokemon but I'm honestly fine with that. A full-fledged console Pokemon RPG is all I've ever really wanted since I was a kid.

4. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I don't know what people wanted or expected. A realistic art style? Does anybody actually want that?

Also, I don't understand complaining about the scope of the game when he have literally no details beyond the world map, starters, and game titles.

justin. likes this.
  5. DesolateEarth

Birb

It's a good formula and it works. Why change it that drastically?

6. DeathOrGlory

Just a friendly reminder

I think they just aren't ready to admit that Pokemon isn't for them anymore. Kids still love it, but they don't want Pokemon to be made for the kids.

7. Anthony_

I get wanting the game to evolve, but like what do they actually want? Sun/Moon changed things up in a number of major ways, but a lot of people didn't like what they did there. Is it the game's actual systems? Is it more side content? Do they want it to be more of a hardcore JRPG (not going to happen ever, btw)? Or is it solely about the visuals? I just don't get what the actual ask here is, it's like they're just saying "change it" but have no idea to what.

Contender and Leftandleaving like this.
  8. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

I get having bigger dreams for what it can be but I don't understand DEMANDING it I guess. It's weird having people be like "let's make the world massive!" about Pokemon with like...zero progression to this hahaha. It just went from DS to console, drastic changes are gonna take a LOT of time.

Joe4th and Leftandleaving like this.
  9. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Give me a BOTW style open world game where I travel through all 8 regions or I’ll never give another cent to gamefreak

10. Henry

Moderator Moderator

The single best thing about this game is that they've done away with hard outlines. People have been using mods for years to do this. The difference is night and day.

[​IMG]
    upload_2019-2-27_14-47-26.png

11. Fucking Dustin

Holy shit

Carrow likes this.
  12. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Right? It makes world of difference. It'll be difficult to go back to the older games with that small piece in mind.

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  13. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

They changed up the battle gameplay a lot in the last two gens, megas/z moves/terrains, but then a lot of people moan about those. It's hard for them to please everyone.

Joe4th and Fucking Dustin like this.
  14. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I can't wait for the Pokemon Bank to open so I can just dump every single mon into this game.

Joe4th and Fucking Dustin like this.
  15. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I can't wait to dump all of my pokemon from Let's Go Eevee into the game.

It would be interesting if (due to the lack of technology that seems to be present in Galar) S&S took place before any of the previous games.

16. Anthony_

I actually don't dislike the hard outlines on the handheld games but yeah anyone that doesn't see this as a clear visual step-up is delusional.

17. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I have a feeling there might be some issues with bringing guys over from LG. The fact that Effort Values don't exist in the game make it a bit difficult. That and the shinies make me skeptical about it.

18. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

True. I didn't even think of that. Perhaps Let's Go and GO will only work with potential future Let's Go games. I wouldn't be too upset now that I think about it if they were to go down that route.

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  19. Fucking Dustin

That's what I'm expecting to happen

20. Henry

Moderator Moderator

My only issue is that I want my shiny Melmetal in the new game.

21. DeathOrGlory

Just a friendly reminder

People complain about the graphics looking like a Gamecube game like they know any Gamecube games that look this good.

Leftandleaving, justin. and Jake W like this.
  22. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

i don’t see the shinies being more common in Let’s Go hurting the chances of them being transferable to the main series games one bit. if anything it might help - the skeptics who hated the gist of Let’s Go may be enticed to pick it up if it helps bolster their shiny Dex in the core games.

23. Anthony_

Contender, MFA and incognitojones like this.
  24. Vase Full Of Rocks

Trusted Supporter

Screenshot_20190227-172953_Twitter.jpg

Carrow likes this.
  25. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

New poster which confirms that this is basically just a CGI remake.

24ADAF64-990F-486A-B3A8-645988569A9A.jpeg

And trailer...which some bad CGI in some scenes