Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pokemon Video Game • Page 140

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by PyramidPostcard, Mar 8, 2016.

1. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

I love everything about the Rowlett line in Sun/Moon, but it seemed like it by far had the worst matchups with its Grass/Ghost typing. Toward the end of the game I hardly used Decidueye because EVERY pokemon had some type of Dark move that would wreck me.

2. StepsInADance

so much for them! Prestigious

squirtle
    chikorita
    torchic
    piplup
    oshawott
    fennekin
    rowlet
    rabbit

zigbigwig likes this.
  3. StepsInADance

so much for them! Prestigious

so theyre fake?

4. JRShoenberger

Trusted

I love the platypus, but Leafmer is awesome too.

Edit: Blast.

5. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

It'd be funny if just once a CEO was like "These WERE fake...but we liked it so we're doing it"

6. Henry

Moderator Moderator

give that man a job

Philll and Contender like this.
  7. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

Bulbasuar
    Cyndaquil
    Piplup
    Tepig
    Chespin
    Rowlet

Half of my first play through over the years have been grass types. Further playthroughs usually involve me using a grass type as the starter.

Bummed, but not surprised they're fake.

8. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Bruh give me the fake final evo's at least, I want to see where that platypus goes

9. Penguin

just let me cry a little bit longer Prestigious

I just can't resist making a list...

Charmander
    Cyndaquil
    Torchic
    Piplup
    Snivy
    Froakie
    Rowlet

green22, Contender and zigbigwig like this.
  10. Checkered

Regular

Grass looks bad, fire looks alright, water platypus is sick

Make it happen

11. JRShoenberger

Trusted

Don’t you put Leamer down like that.

12. Checkered

Regular

You look bad lmao

JRShoenberger and DrAlanGrant like this.
  13. cybele

set our hearts ablaze Supporter

Bought Crystal on the 3DS eshop and currently loving it as someone who only played Silver. But man my Chikorita sucks

14. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I love all three of them, I really wish they were real. that guy needs to be the next pokemon designer, he has talent and knows what works it seems.

15. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

As far as favourite starters:

Squirtle
    Totodile
    Torchic
    Piplup or Turtwig
    Snivy
    Froakie
    Rowlet

16. JRShoenberger

Trusted

Started up a new Y game last week. Gen 6 is my favorite playthrough.

17. maldoror

#1 Mudsdale fan

So after 2+ weeks of soft resetting, Celebi shined for me on the Crystal virtual console game!

[​IMG]

It's IVs are outstanding as well:

[​IMG]

18. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Now I wanna go back to soft reseting for shinies. lol

maldoror likes this.
  19. Fucking Dustin

Dumbest of questions but when did they add that IV reader?! Is that something I completely missed? Hahaha

maldoror likes this.
  20. maldoror

#1 Mudsdale fan

It was added in Sun and Moon. You have to get to the Battle Tree to get it added and then you can check the IVs right in the box. Super helpful when you are breeding for specific IVs.

21. Fucking Dustin

Ahh shit I need to get it added! I've got Sun but didn't do much postgame haha

22. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

I wish I wouldn’t have stopped playing when gen 3 came out. I really want the cartridges for each game but everything on eBay seems expensive and fake.

23. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

If you want, you can get ahold of a refurbished 2DS or 3DS for under $100. It will allow you to play Game Boy DS and 3DS games, which is all you need to catch up on every generation.

Over the past two years I've been able to play through every Gen that I missed. I picked up HeartGold for Gen 2, Omega Ruby for Gen 3, Platinum for Gen 4, White 2 for Gen 5, and then X and Moon for Gens 6 and 7 as they've been released.

If it's really special to you then try and find the old cartriges. If you just want to play and see what you missed it's really doable.

24. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Oh I have all that and have played the remakes. Ive played everything from platinum to current gen. Actually I haven’t finished Sun/moon or started Ultra sun/moon.

It’s just the completionist/hoarder in me wanting the actual cartridges. I have some fake ones that came in bundles. I have 2 copies of Fire red/ leaf green, a copy of ruby and sapphire, all fake. I also need white and white 2.

25. JRShoenberger

Trusted

I had missed gens 4-6, but I was able to find them all at GameStop or Exchange (I don’t think those are National though). I also got a new 2ds for like $70.