Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pokemon GO (mobile) Video Game • Page 952

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Jul 14, 2016.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I've been walking one for about a month and feeding extra rare candies... I'm about 4 candy away so I'll probably just give rare and finish him off soon

2. Drew Baldy

Trusted

I wish I had one

3. irthesteve

I only got mine from a trade when the distance was extended, haven't gotten one myself

4. -deleted-

-

Yeah I saw one as someone’s buddy and was jealous cause I had no idea what it was, but knew I wanted it.

5. irthesteve

Uh I didn't know he evolves twice!

Screenshot_20201206-154245.png

Anthony_Soprano and Chris1024 like this.
  6. Drew Baldy

Trusted

This might be the first time I don’t finish a timed research. I have searched high and low and the one Froakie I’ve found I found before I got to this part of the research task. It’s pretty ridiculous how rare they are.

Edit: for context I lit 2 separate incense during rainy weather and not one showed up for me.

morgantayler likes this.
  7. Henry

Moderator Moderator

i thought gen 6 weren't spawning from incense?

8. maldoror

#1 Mudsdale fan

That was pokestops lures. They do spawn from incense.

9. Drew Baldy

Trusted

I have literally set 3 incense and went and walked around a body of water for one of them and not one. I don’t know what else to do.

10. irthesteve

I don't know if this is feasable for you, but the way I found my first froakie and the bat thing was driving my car around the city with my wife riding shotgun, she saw the silhouettes on the nearby and directed me where to drive

11. Drew Baldy

Trusted

actually, tried that the other day. Wife was driving and I was looking everywhere. I caught one already, but it was before I got to this part of the research task. It just seems odd at how rare they are. I’m gonna get up really early tomorrow before work and try to see if I can find one before work.

12. irthesteve

It definitely feels locationally rare, I've caught at least 4-5 and seen a few more on the nearby, but I also live pretty close to the ocean

13. Drew Baldy

Trusted

i live in Florida lol. That’s why it’s bothering me so much. I am a 5 minute drive from the beach. It’s crazy and it’s just my OCD knowing this will be he first timed research I have not completed and it’s absolutely not for a lack of trying

14. irthesteve

Haha damn, alright I got nothing else for ya, your luck is shit!

15. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

I've been on the Froakie task for 3-4 days and one finally spawned at my home.

irthesteve likes this.
  16. -deleted-

-

The apt I’m at now is next to a lake and I must be on a “nest” of sorts because I see a crazy mixture of Pokémon for the first time since like, having work in NYC. Feels very lucky which I felt I never had before with this game.

@Drew Baldy hate to say I’m seeing them a lot. If we could distance trade I would.

Drew Baldy likes this.
  17. Drew Baldy

Trusted

Thanks, fortunately my plan to wake up early and try to hunt a little before work paid off. I found 2 of them while out and was able to finish the timed research. It's gonna be a long long time before a get a Greninja though lol

18. -deleted-

-

This is a small example of what it looks like when I open the app living here.

F426EE7A-8E38-46F0-986B-5A1F1CA39A7C.png

19. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

atticusfinch likes this.
  20. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Lmao

21. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

At least now all the Kanto shinies will be available.

atticusfinch likes this.
  22. Drew Baldy

Trusted

Essentially you are paying 13 bucks for a shiny Mew and January/February CD ticketed events if I'm reading this correctly.

DerekIsAGooner likes this.
  23. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah pretty much. + better shiny odds, but after Go Fest I know a bunch of people who won't buy it for shinies.

24. Henry

Moderator Moderator

fuck kanto tho

maldoror likes this.
  25. irthesteve

I'll probably do it, the last remote Go Fest was maybe the single most fun event I've had the entire game.

Plus I gotta get the shiny Mew, duh