Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pokemon GO (mobile) Video Game • Page 865

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Drew Baldy

Trusted

Lol, I guess my post did come off kind of the wrong way lol because I just caught a shiny Chimchar at my house yesterday. That was meant for people spoofing from their couch lol.

Micool1 and alina like this.
  2. lati

formerly spaghettti Supporter

Nah I totally got what you meant - it’s so frustrating to see someone have a shiny legendary literally 15 minutes after it was announced, because they spoofed to Japan or something

Micool1 and Drew Baldy like this.
  3. Drew Baldy

Trusted

Also, for the Umbreon walking trick does your Eevee have to walk exactly 10km and get 2 candies or can it be more.

I’m currently walking an Eevee that will be exactly 1500 CP when I evolve it into an Umbreon and has 98% great league IV’s so I want to make sure I do it right since it’s been a while since I have used the trick lol.

4. lati

formerly spaghettti Supporter

Pretty sure it’s just at least 10km

Drew Baldy likes this.
  5. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

Also don't forget it needs to still be your buddy when you evolve it.

Drew Baldy likes this.
  6. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

yeah i 100 percent understood was just joshin ya

Drew Baldy likes this.
  7. atticusfinch

Together We'll Fight the Long Defeat Supporter

Gah I was SO close to my first known 0% IV mon!

3411E228-FCDF-4234-B474-241739C6160C.png

irthesteve and Drew Baldy like this.
  8. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

9. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Oh great now I can get smoked in 2 leagues.

Oddpac87 and irthesteve like this.
  10. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

running a great team of Hariyama Snorlax and either Giratina/Lugia and i am wrecking villages

Kyle Max likes this.
  11. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Just got my buddy back into the game. He could use some friends!

4517 1220 9313

12. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

So basically if a Pokémon is less than 3 stars in the in game appraisal I really have no reason to keep it right? Even if it’s high CP?

13. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

That’s not the case anymore with PVP. The way the game calculates IVs in battles makes it so that IVs where the attack is low and the defense/stamina are high are the best you can have.

A good example being this 0 star Skarmory that I have still being in the 83rd percentile of IV combos for great league. Most of the best stuff will still end up being 2-3 stars with really high def/sta, but it’s definitely worth double checking things that are good in the different leagues before you get rid of them.

907885FC-46B7-4982-B275-F3520B1D1B81.png DD516563-60FE-45B3-944B-00D6AADF3961.png

14. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Interesting. I couldn’t sleep last night so I actually went through and appraised all 1000 Pokémon I had. Which was way too many so I needed a way to decide how to get rid of some. So I did it by getting rid of most that weren’t 3 star. Still left me with over 800. I don’t know why I hoard these things

15. irthesteve

I usually throw out everything 3 stars and below because I don't care enough about the IV mechanics still. I only really keep 100%s and one of each type, more of rare ones if I can trade them

16. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

All I know is that I have a 100% IV Deoxys defense form, and it's arguably the best Great League Pokemon in the meta.

Just like with the main series Pokemon game, I feel like there's too much to learn with battling for me to get very good at it.

17. irthesteve

currently my great league team is D-Deoxys, Altaria, Mantine and my Ultra team is Alt-Girantina, Lucario and Garchop. Have been averaging about 3/5 wins each time with either team

18. Henry

Moderator Moderator

As soon as home allows you to move stuff from Go, I'm dumping pretty much everything. This game is pretty much just a way to get easy shinies at this point. I don't enjoy raiding or battling much anymore.

Shrek and Fucking Dustin like this.
  19. Shrek

im enjoying Battle League here and there but i agree, shiny hunting is 90 percent of the game for me. my shiny Mewtwo in Go is like 80 percent ivs and i have multiple lucky and 100 percent Mewtwos already, which means im never gonna invest in powering it up, so i sent the shiny to Sword last night and im excited to bottle cap it. turning a spare shiny Koffing into a Galarian Weezing in Sword. the synergy is honestly going to make both games a better experience and think it will lowkey be the backbone of Home.

20. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

I have one Mewtwo. That is all.

21. Shrek

i transferred thirty to Let's Go last night lol

on that note it reminded me how tremendously unfun a lot of Let's Go is

Taketimeandfind likes this.
  22. Furry Werthers

Trusted

I am finding it really frustrating to get completely wiped out by some team using three legendaries -___- really wish they'd open the Great League back up lol

23. Drew Baldy

Trusted

I just wish I would have understood the relevance of pvp IV’s a year ago.

24. irthesteve

Trade alert

Screenshot_20200212-192138.png

25. atticusfinch

Together We'll Fight the Long Defeat Supporter

My current Ultra League team is Espeon, Blissey, Venusaur and it has been slaying. Averaging 3 wins per 5.