Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pokemon GO (mobile) Video Game • Page 860

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Jul 14, 2016.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Yeah I noticed the weird gym bug over the last few days, thankfully it's extremely quick and easy to fix when it happens. Annoyance, sure, but not something that really is getting to me

2. irthesteve

3. irthesteve

Got my buddy to Best Buddy status today and honestly it doesn't really seem worth it haha.

Furry Werthers likes this.
  4. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

I also haven’t been getting gifts from stops

alina likes this.
  5. irthesteve

Shrek likes this.
  6. Drew Baldy

Trusted

Got the button for the new battle system but it’s locked. I’m really excited for this feature. It’s honestly what I feel like I’ve been working towards all these years lol

Edit: I also enjoy the fact that it forces you to walk 5km to be able to get entry. Gonna have me walking like crazy now

Shrek likes this.
  7. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

only thing that sucks about the battle league is i don't hold on to stuff with the iv spreads required to be competitive. it sucks that the meta for Great and Ultra is 0 attack, 15 def, and 14 hp. so in a sense im starting over with what a "good" pokemon is for two thirds of the league. but overall is it is a big positive, and as long as i can get all the encounter rewards ill be happy. also happy to burn premium passes on this as my interest in raiding has really fallen off and i almost never go through more than my free pass.

honestly the rewards for PvP in this are better than any of the incentives for the main series of games. first game im gonna care about battling with on paper.

Drew Baldy likes this.
  8. irthesteve

I honestly don't understand the battle league at all. I read the whole long post but didn't really understand. Anyone want to help me decipher? ha

9. Drew Baldy

Trusted

I’m not sure I fully understand it enough myself to explain to be honest lol

however, gotta brag real quick. Wife and I were able to duo a Heatran tonight. That was a lot of fun.

irthesteve likes this.
  10. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

What a tease....

DAE61B08-4AB2-4AF9-B011-55840FEE02AC.png

11. Drew Baldy

Trusted

Yup, I’m gonna be addicted to this game for a long time

Shrek likes this.
  12. Shrek

won four of my first five with my motley crew of two random shinies and rampardos i once thought were trash but their IV spreads wound up matching the great league meta. sunflora, gyarados, and rampardos lol

this is fun cant lie

Drew Baldy likes this.
  13. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

Just had a single Kingdra slaughter my entire team.

Shrek and Drew Baldy like this.
  14. Drew Baldy

Trusted

The “hidden IV” thing is gonna be the death of me. Literally just learned about it today and it’s gonna take me a while to go through my collection to figure out which ones are good for pvp and not

15. Henry

Moderator Moderator

hidden IV's had to happen. Having 100% pokes to transfer into the main game would be such a headache, otherwise.

16. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

Wait, what's the IV change? Googling doesn't seem to bring up anything recent.

17. Drew Baldy

Trusted

Oddpac87 likes this.
  18. Drew Baldy

Trusted

If you use poke genie it actually calculates them for you for each league. It’s kind of hard to explain.

Oddpac87 likes this.
  19. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

20. Drew Baldy

Trusted

okay. I didn’t know these existed until today. I have so much research to do now lol

21. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

Even being aware of it, I never really cared because I didn't use battles that much. I mostly just kept the best IVs for if I ever needed them for raids or something. Regretting that now with this going live.

22. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Drew Baldy likes this.
  23. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

Pokegenie does all the work for you if you have it. Generally speaking, just keep an eye out for stuff with a low attack and high defense/stamina and it'll be good.

24. Shrek

at rank three and immediately just running into people just using the top meta teams you find spread around online. lead with Altaria, then Azumarill, then whatever else. this is why i dont do any big multiplayer games, you face 100 copycats that are just using what google says is best. i understand it, but it is not fun lol

25. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, but then you get to do the fun metagaming thing and use a team that hard counters whatever the most popular team is.

Shrek likes this.