Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pokemon GO (mobile) Video Game • Page 849

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Drew Baldy

Trusted

I don’t think I’m gonna be able to beat Giovanni for a while. I just have nothing to counter the god damn Persian

2. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

you should see the obsessives i play with. they keep one of everything that is even adjacent to unique. i know a guy who is going got a complete collection of both level one mons and 0 star mons where possible.

3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I have 1025 currently, I should be fine hha

4. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I don’t even have 400 and my storage is 500.

irthesteve likes this.
  5. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

25FDBFA5-7160-49E1-8267-D60F65B325A4.png
    motherfucking finally. I have 3 that for some reason are my grails: magikarp, murkrow, and wailmer. Got magikarp a couple of weeks ago.

Shrek and irthesteve like this.
  6. irthesteve

My holy Grails right now are geodude, geodude and geodude

7. irthesteve

Shiny*

8. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

See I actually have a geodude. But I guess if I could add one more it would be swablu

irthesteve likes this.
  9. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I have an irresistible need for shiny Charmander and shiny Caterpie (I don't know, I fuckin' love Butterfree).

irthesteve likes this.
  10. Drew Baldy

Trusted

Machamp is my holy grail

irthesteve likes this.
  11. maldoror

#1 Mudsdale fan

Apparently, you can get a time-out on Wayfarer for doing too many reviews quickly. I did 480 in the last 24 hours (I was bored) and got a cool down notice. It's funny that I am still getting upgrades from agreements while on time out.

12. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Who is Thedaniels2? We're hitting best friends

13. Drew Baldy

Trusted

Does anyone have a good source for beating Giovanni? This is one of the biggest struggles I’ve had in the game in a long time. It’s really beginning to frustrate me lol

14. irthesteve

I haven't fought him yet, but do the online raid guides help at all? This seems pretty solid: Rocket Boss Giovanni Counters | Pokemon GO Hub

15. irthesteve

Traded for a deino today, so I am pretty happy

16. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

I love it when a plan comes together

Attached Files:

alina likes this.
  17. irthesteve

Lol I know exactly where that is, right down the street from my office

AWasteOfATime and DerekIsAGooner like this.
  18. DerekIsAGooner

Haha, oh man. Then you must work pretty close to where I live. I remember hitting this gym when I went with my wife to Michaels, which is only a couple of minutes away from where we live.

19. irthesteve

Pretty funny, yeah we're just up on Sepulveda and Santa Monica. I spend most of much lunches out over on Sawtelle.

20. DerekIsAGooner

Honeymee on Sawtelle has the best ice cream in the city.

21. irthesteve

Big fan!! The whole street is such a treasure trove of food and sweets

DerekIsAGooner likes this.
  22. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Yeahhhh boiiii. This was literallly the first mom I clicked on today.

2A7AA7C1-5503-4733-9A3D-9CC07CA0F7D7.png

23. irthesteve

@Drew Baldy so I fought Giovanni today and beat him after... 5? tries, it wasn't easy, but I definitely had to try multiple things.

First, based off some online searching I was suggested Tyranitar-Swampert-Lucario, and was FAR off in the end. The lineup I fought was Mewoth, Dugtrio, Articuno.

After my Lucario died real quick, I tried finding that is best against Articuno, which suggested Tyranitar, so I tried Tyranitar-Swampert-Tyranitar. It was closer, but no cigar.

NEXT I tried to use my strongest water, instead of suggested Swampert, and ended up with Tyranitar-Gyrados-Tyranitar... this got me a LOT closer, but not quite. So then I saw which moves were best against Articuno with Tyranitar and saw that I should TM for Stone Edge. I used my TMs til I got Stone Edge and went back with the same trio of Tyranitar-Gyrados-Tyranitar.... and barely barely won, but got it.

In the end I got the shadow Articuno, and zero unova stones from any of the leaders.... so yeah, not all that exciting

Drew Baldy likes this.
  24. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

yeah this whole thing is a big slog for an Articuno that could easy have 30 percent IVs. pretty prohibitive, too - my fiance is p much never gonna get to do 5 raids and the like ~30 rocket grunt battles needed for this in one month.

irthesteve likes this.
  25. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious