Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pokemon GO (mobile) Video Game • Page 381

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

I'm 3/8 for Rayquaza right now, and that's counting the 2 epic fails I did at first.

2. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

If you're smart you'll accidentally evolve the wrong one you had saved and burn 400 candy on nothing. I'm back to almost 300 using pinapps, but yeah..

3. Drew Baldy

Trusted

That sucks. Sorry dude. The worst thing I’ve ever accidentally done in this game was when I was going to do a mass evolve so I was transferring crappy Pokémon to make more candies and some how I accidentally transferred my 94% IV Ivysaur. Not a complete tragedy, but it still sucked nonetheless

carrytheweird likes this.
  4. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

Finally got a fucking Rayquaza, 1 for 5. I had 14 balls and got it on my last ball with a golden razz and a “great” curveball. Finally able to hit him but it’s still a pain, and still hearing people say how close he is. So Niantic definitely needs to make an adjustment.

Micool1 and carrytheweird like this.
  5. Signifire

Eh I would go ahead and evolve it especially now that the event is over. I know a level 40 guy in my local group who still has 0 shinies, and has caught over 50k Pokémon.

6. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

I'm currently 2/2 on Rayquaza, one of which was 93%. Haven't caught a raid since I went on my Vegas trip though.

7. Drew Baldy

Trusted

I’m 2/5 on Rayquaza, but I’ve just recently found out, because I actually got an EX Pass it, the gym that is literally like a 1 minute walk from my house is a gym that gives out EX passes so I’ve been able to convince my raid group to help me almost everyday since then on a legendary raid. So, that’s been pretty nice. My wife, who just got back into the game, has caught 3 Rayquaza’s out of 5 chances and all of hers have better IV ratings than mine. My beat IV is an 80% while she has one at 93%.

8. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

I have a 78%, 87% and 89%. It's been a long time since I have done so much raids. I guess it's the temperature getting warmer. It was not fun doing raids when it was -25°C outside.

I might get another EX raid pass since two of those raids were in Gyms that got a lot of EX Raids in the past.

carrytheweird and Drew Baldy like this.
  9. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

I finally have enough candies to evolve my Swablu. The best one I've caught is 620 CP. If I wait will I find one with a much higher CP, or should I just evolve it now?

10. Signifire

I would just evolve it, it doesn't get that high in CP anyway so it's not really worth a damn currently. A perfect IV level 40 Altaria maxes out at 1868CP.

Also, had somebody else attempt to catch the Rayquaza today and he caught it and didn't mention anything about it seeming farther on my phone, so I guess that theory is out and I just suck.

carrytheweird and DerekIsAGooner like this.
  11. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

It's not really that he's far, he's just high. I almost never miss my shots now because I spin my balls in the bottom left and I release it at the top of the screen, slightly to the right of the middle of the phone. In the first raids I shot it too much to the right so the ball fell under it but it looked like it fell in front. Also you have to wait until he's in the down position. It's hard to tell, but sometimes he moves up slightly and it makes it pretty much impossible to hit.

Signifire likes this.
  12. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I haven't even fought a single Rayquaza, having tough times getting a group together

13. DerekIsAGooner

In my grogginess during my early morning Pokemon Go check apparently I accidentally dropped a Lucky Egg and didn't realize it until I was leaving for work. What a waste.

14. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Randomly decided to raid a Jynx yesterday afternoon when I got out of work cause I had the free pass to burn and it was 5:30p so I knew there weren’t many more coming. I barely failed it by a centimeter cause I focused too much on dodging, but thankfully a player from my slack group showed up and we beat it. I almost left until he messaged me. 10 minutes later, we got an Ex Raid invite for that gym. Hopefully I’ll have my 3rd Mewtwo Monday.

15. Signifire

Yoo this spinning the ball in the bottom left 100% did the trick for me, hit him like every time last night and caught it. I just wait till he’s low and then spin the ball in the bottom left now. Thanks for the tip.

Micool1 likes this.
  16. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

No problem! Glad you got it!

17. DerekIsAGooner

I got my first EX raid invite and freaked out. Then, to my dismay, I saw that it's for Monday smack dab in the middle of the day. I'm a teacher, and there's no way I can make it. No Mewtwo for me.

I get why I got one for the middle of the day on Monday. I completed two Starbucks raids this past Monday during the day, and I was able to do it because it was Presidents Day. I'm just disappointed that Niantic makes their EX Raids occur during normal work hours.

18. Signifire

19. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

So we're fighting all 3 together? That's gonna be tough!

20. Signifire

Nah the other two are just back in the rotation of level 5’s for a week. Although I can see how you’d get that from the article, they word their press releases so poorly.

21. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

Eh. I think they should have done that after the Rayquaza month. If people don't have Rayquaza and they want it, they have to hope it's him out of 3 different Pokemon. But at least it gives me a chance to get a Kyogre that's better than 69% IV.

22. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

I want a better Rayquaza for sure. I think this is the most interesting part.

“If Rayquaza is defeated more than Kyogre and Groudon combined, Pokémon that typically prefer windy weather (for example, Bagon) are more likely to hatch from Eggs from March 5 to March 16. If not, Pokémon that prefer sunny or rainy weather (like Trapinch or Lotad) are more likely to hatch.”

23. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

More Bagon please, I saw one once and I want moreeeee

24. Signifire

Yeah I only have one Bagon and didn’t realize it evolved into something powerful until later. Don’t think I even used a Pinap on it.

And I’m excited about this event because I missed Groudon. But they should have pushed it until after Ray like they did when they brought the birds back.

Also I can’t see how the new gift boxes could be better than the current ones. I bought more of them than I’d care to say.

25. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

I don’t have any sadly.