Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pokemon GO (mobile) Video Game • Page 349

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Jdaniels

Regular

Ugh there's no way I can delete eggs ? :(

carrytheweight likes this.
  2. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

Triple XP for new Pokémon but that was it. Too bad, double XP would be welcome too haha. Still a good event though, and long-lasting which is nice.

Mrk_Brdshw and carrytheweight like this.
  3. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

So basically for me to get the triple xp, I need Unown/Gen 3 :(

4. Signifire

Yeah lol the triple XP thing is kind of a joke for those of us who have been playing this consistently, but I can see how newer players are gonna rack up from it.

5. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Same even for me, I'm kind of at a standstill even though I have plenty of entries left. I'm almost out of available evolutions - everything is just a completely new catch/hatch. I do have a Larvitar with 90 candies though so I guess I could evolve him just because.

6. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

i have all the pokemonzzzz, no real reason for this event for me :-p

7. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Since I've started making raids a primary focus and using pokie genie, I've been working at getting much stronger Pokémon. So the stardust is the big pull for me. And I won't complain about another Blissey or 5.

8. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Totally understandable! I still never got into battles, so completing the pokedex is still my #1 goal

9. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Anyone saying there's no real reason for them to participate in the event must have a gringott's size bank full of stardust they're not using.

10. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Also, I wonder if they're trying to give an incentive for people to complete at least their first gen dex because gen 3 is on the horizon? Idk.

11. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

can't complete the first dex without some sort of event allowing people to catch regionals. if raikou, entei, and suicune can rotate, mime farfetchd and kanggaskhan should as well

Signifire likes this.
  12. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Oh yeah that's true. I always forget about the regionals haha.

13. Signifire

Just caught a 2126CP Gyarados outside my house heh

14. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

I didn't even know Gyarados spawns in the wild.

15. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Ive caught a few gyrados in the wild but it does seem super rare

16. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Damn, fucked up my ankle the other day so I won't even be able to take advantage of walking the special eggs this weekend :(

17. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I ran 10 miles last night. Hatched a whole bunch of shit but I finally got a Pichu! I also caught some random rare things way out on the trails like a Rapidash and a Poliwrath.

Edit: anyone know if Savannah, Georgia is any good for this? Gonna be there Wednesday

18. Signifire

Does the game pick up on all of your running distance? How fast do you run while playing?

19. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

in my experience walking/jogging with PoGo, it's pretty accurate as long as I'm running in an area with decent wifi or LTE coverage. On my 3-4 mile running route I can typically hatch 2-3 2K eggs and do some good work on a 10K, only issue is it is absolute murder to your battery if you're also playing music as well haha

Signifire and carrytheweight like this.
  20. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Yeah I've only ever been able to do 45 minutes jogging with a relatively fully charged phone doing both.

21. Drew Baldy

Trusted

Of course they announce this after I've collected 9 10k eggs. Looks like I'm going to be doing a lot of walking this weekend to make room for some 2k eggs.

22. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

I bought new incubators to clear out all of the eggs I currently have, with the coins I saved from gyms. I walked them to 1k, so tonight when I'm working a wedding running around like a madman I'm gonna get them all hatched and then start spinning stops again so I'll have all new 2k's.

Signifire likes this.
  23. Drew Baldy

Trusted

That's pretty much my plan. I am a football coach at the school I teach at and am just going to have it running in my pocket the whole practice in hopes of shaving off some of the km.

24. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I feel like it did pretty well, I only jog when I do long distances like that. It also helps that the trail I run on is almost completely straight so I didn't lose anything that way.

I just got a brand new phone so my battery actually held up the whole time. It was nice clearing out my egg queue in time for this event.

Signifire likes this.
  25. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Hey I just caught a shiny pikachu. Not bad for first time actually playing in a long time

carrytheweight, cybele and Signifire like this.