Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pokemon GO (mobile) Video Game • Page 332

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

So there is no way in hell I ever see/win one of those. cool.

2. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Not with that attitude!

carrytheweight likes this.
  3. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Failed a 2-star raid against an Electabuzz today because, with 10 seconds left, my facebook app automatically opened to the event page of some UK Pokemon Go event?!?!? I switched back super quick, actually took the Electabuzz' HP down to zero with 1 second remaining - still failed. The FUCK would it do that right in the damn middle of the goddamn raid :verysad:

4. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I'm at Comic-con all weekend, it's honestly the perfect place for this to happen

5. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

I updated the game this morning and now the leader of the red team does my pokemon appraisals despite me being yellow team?

carrytheweight and maldoror like this.
  6. Drew Baldy

Trusted

I'm so jealous. I went to comic con two years ago and it was the best. I can only imagine how great it will be with this event going on. I wonder if Niantic consciously had the event this weekend because of comic con...

irthesteve likes this.
  7. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

8. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

So it sounds like Pokemon Go Fest in Chicago is an absolute disaster.

carrytheweight and atticusfinch like this.
  9. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Niantic's CEO was booed as he walked on stage.

10. atticusfinch

Together We'll Fight the Long Defeat Supporter

This could be the end of PoGo y'all. It's a total clusterfuck.

11. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

wait what is happening?

12. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Huge lines still to get in, huge line to exit. App crashes/lag all the time for people at the fest. Niantic CEO booed hardcore. Livestream blows. It's just basically a big shit show it sounds like.

atticusfinch likes this.
  13. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Apparently they're refunding everyone at the event and giving them $100 of Pokecoins lol

14. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

God damn it - I know next to nothing about servers etc, but surely there are precautions you would take when holding an event like this to prevent the app crashing. You know, seeing as said app is the EXACT FUCKING THING those in attendance are there for.
    Imagine Niantic putting on a music festival - "we uhhhh, only brought three 15watt amps and no PA system so only the first, like, 10 rows will hear anything. Were working as quickly as we can to address this"

atticusfinch likes this.
  15. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

They just announced that after the first 2 windows we're at the silver level, so whatever rewards end up being unlocked, they'll be available for 48 hours.

16. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Imagine that...haha

17. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

Wait didn't they sell tickets to this? So like they knew how many people they should be expecting? I'm not really that surprised but jfc, feel bad for anyone who actually traveled a ways for this

atticusfinch likes this.
  18. atticusfinch

Here's my thing - if I'm the Pokemon Company I'm so fucking done with this shit. This was supposed to be a celebration of the fans, and it's just pure and simple continued patterns of fuckery of those fans by Niantic. I'm just so bummed. Another company needs to be handling this going forward, if there even is a forward after this shit. Just so dumb to see it play out like this.

PandaBear! likes this.
  19. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

From what I've seen, looks like they're giving refunds and like $100 in Pokecoins. I'm sure the people who paid $750+ to travel/stay in Chicago are super pumped.

20. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

They're also extending the spawns at the fest to a 2 mile radius of the park and extending them till Monday.

21. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Those assholes at PoGo fest got given Lugia. No battle required, just added to their accounts...

22. atticusfinch Jul 22, 2017
    (Last edited: Jul 22, 2017)
    atticusfinch

I legitimately do not know how this game can go on at this point. The rest of the world (who played) likely wasted their day if Niantic ended up making everything Gold for all the bonuses anyway. What a shitshow.

Jdaniels likes this.
  23. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

I mean..... the event was a total failure. Kind of the least they could do.

24. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

#PokemonFyreFest

25. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

I kinda called that too many people not being able to get reception situation when this was announced

Jdaniels likes this.