Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pokemon GO (mobile) Video Game • Page 330

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Jul 14, 2016.

1. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

carrytheweight and PandaBear! like this.
  2. atticusfinch

Together We'll Fight the Long Defeat Supporter

3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

interestingggg

4. PandaBear! Jul 12, 2017
    (Last edited: Jul 12, 2017)
    PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

"Hey PandaBear!, here's that safari zone event you were hoping for - NOT!!! Haha, not in your country pal! Thanks for your year of support ya boner. From Niantic"

irthesteve and atticusfinch like this.
  5. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

I'm camping on July 22 with no phone!!

6. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Niantic really has no idea how to do a proper event.

"Hey! Let's make an event exclusive to 1 city or exclusive to a few countries so our entire fan base around the world can enjoy it!"

"But, sir, a very large portion of the people playing and spending money on our app will not be able to attend those events unless they spend thousands of dollars or spoof, in which case we can ban them"

"Lol I know. It's brilliant!"

7. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Pretty sure the bonuses will be unlocked for everyone globally.

I'm guessing the mystery event that gets unlocked will be Legendary raids.

atticusfinch likes this.
  8. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

If legendaries are going to be 5-star raids then I'm screwed, can't even attempt 3-star ones atm as I'm a solo player and have only come across two other people playing this game in about 3-4 months, no exaggeration. The difference between city & rural players' experience playing this game has been noted time & time again, it should be the next thing they address imo.

9. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

This game has trouble balancing things out, but it's really just the nature of the idea. It is a little irritating every time I visit a major city and there are awesome spawns left and right then I come home and find nothing but Rattatas, but I think the whole player interaction aspect of it is kind of doomed as far as urban vs. rural goes. Any feature that requires more than one person is inherently biased towards people that live near larger groups of people. I don't really know how they would fix that.

PandaBear! likes this.
  10. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

What is it that cities have that gets them awesome spawns though? More spawn points, thus meaning a higher chance of a good pokemon spawning? In an ideal world I would ask that spawn rates for rares is increased in rural areas to compensate, but theres probably no way Niantic can identify a certain area as "rural" and make that happen. The whole goal of the game is to get out & be social though, so perhaps I'm just being selfish by asking for this & point-blank reusing to actively seek out other players :crylaugh:

11. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Uhhh no. The goal of the game is to be the greatest Pokemon master there ever was. Fuck friends. Go out an enslave all the animals.

carrytheweight likes this.
  12. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Haha yeah I know what you mean. I remember being super bummed that first week when I went out searching on the trails and found nothing, then seeing a million when I went to the grocery store. haha.

But yeah, beyond that, there's nothing they can really do to help balance things for people who aren't surrounded by a bunch of other players if the entire goal is to encourage cooperation. It's a bummer but I guess that's the way it goes. If there's a Hitmonchan or Aerodactyl raid, I'll be at every single one in town hoping other people show up. haha.

PandaBear! likes this.
  13. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Feraligator achieved.

Granbull
    Togepi
    Togetic
    Hitmontop
    Amparos
    Unknown

Haven't evolved yet but can evolve:
    Porygon2
    Blissey
    Flaffy

Also I just hatched yet another terrible IV exeggcute. I don't think good ones exist at this point.

PandaBear! likes this.
  14. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Unown - I will never get one.
    Miltank - I have nine eggs, none 10k, and 1 incubator to hatch them all with. Will then pick up another nine 2 & 5k's. I will never get one.

15. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Unown - won't ever get til events probably
    Slowking - still only have one kings rock after about 30 items`

16. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I still don't have Mareep or it's evolved forms because I can never get a 10k. I get dozens of 5k though.

17. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

My town has been seeing some more rare spawns than usual lately. Mareep, Machop, Houndour, and even things like Vileplumes, Electabuzz, Primeape, and a Snorlax in my parking lot.

18. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

What town? I may spoof to get Mareep. I don't even care.

19. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

I live in Hudson, but try Albany as well. I am there pretty regularly and you'll see a crazy mix there on pokehuntr.com

oakhurst likes this.
  20. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Gotta love when a Quilava raid boss breaks out of 11 balls with golden razz. What a joke.

PandaBear! likes this.
  21. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

My 98% IV Raichu got Spark & Brick Break there is no poke-god!

atticusfinch likes this.
  22. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Raichu is useless anyways though.

23. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

It's still so weird getting used to this gym system. I hate how your Pokémon just disappears for an indefinite amount of time if no one attacks the gym....and for no more coins even.

On that subject, will your Pokémon's CP naturally decrease on its own if no one attacks and no one feeds it berries? Seems like there has to be a way to not lose them forever. Haha.

24. atticusfinch

Together We'll Fight the Long Defeat Supporter

Caught my first wild Mareep today, and a Vileplume with Solar Beam! Fun.

carrytheweight and PandaBear! like this.
  25. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

I use my other one all the time in gym battles, great for attacking Gyarados when it's got 2 electric moves.