Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pokemon GO (mobile) Video Game • Page 275

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Jul 14, 2016.

1. maldoror

#1 Mudsdale fan

It doesn't appear shiny in the overworld, but will when the encounter begins.

atticusfinch likes this.
  2. Drew Baldy

Trusted

I really racked up during spring break when it comes to the evolution items. I have 2 of every item except for up-grade (I literally just go the up-grade item today on my 7 day streak spin) and I'm ready to evolve all of them with the evolution item (just waiting to do it when I can use a lucky egg for double xp) except for Porygon. Gonna have to start walking him to get the candies needed after I'm done with Chansey.

Also, had a Pupitar run from me yesterday after the first throw, berry used, ultra ball, and got the "excellent" word to pop up. Needless to say I was a little upset.

3. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

My Pinsir is a Snorlax killer, oddly enough.

4. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Don't be discouraged about the shinnies. It's not something everyone is supposed to catch. In the original games the chance she of getting shinnies was sooooooo low.

5. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

I keep a Machamp in my team despite the fact that it's not one of my highest CPs solely for the job of taking out Blisseys when I hit a gym. He usually can't do it on his own, but he can do enough damage to make it considerably easier to take down.

6. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Did you ever watch the reaction videos? I used to get a kick out of how ridiculous people could be with those shinies.

It would always be some kid with two or three gameboys just grinding for hours and hours by pressing the buttons over and over until he inevitably came across a shiny. Then they would scream and be out of breath from excitement and say something like "Shiny Blastoise! After only 16,342 encounters"

7. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Yeah I played a lot of hours in Gold and only ever found a shiny krabby that I accidentally killed and I actually found a shiny magikarp too despite having the free shiny gyarados.

8. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Just ran out of Pinap berries. Hopefully I encounter 15 more magikarp before this ends.

9. Henry

Moderator Moderator

This is turning into a crush video.

Screenshot_20170327-150609.jpg

10. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I was way out of the Pokemon loop by the time shinies came around, so seeing that people bought handfuls of systems to play these games simultaneously was a shock to me. This game is a grind, but sitting there crushing a button over and over LITERALLY thousands of times....mind numbing.

11. Garrett

I caught a 165CP normal Magikarp and a 35CP shiny back to back just now. I want that red Gyarados, but damn. At that low of a level?

12. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Level 10 red gym by my house was taken down and became level 10 yellow overnight. God bless whoever did that. Got a decent spot.

cybele and atticusfinch like this.
  13. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

A Lapras literally spawned on top of the school at which I teach today. I opened my phone while walking outside during lunch time just to see if anything was around, and there it was. It's the first one I've ever found. Today was a good day.

cybele and atticusfinch like this.
  14. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Caught a Hitmontop!

atticusfinch likes this.
  15. atticusfinch

Together We'll Fight the Long Defeat Supporter

I just got in a level 9 gym today with 3 Blissey including mine at the top 3. Good luck taking that thing down. Mine is 2789 CP and has 390hp. Wild.

16. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

The Curb Your Enthusiasm theme should play every time I walk 10k for a fucking Mantine.

17. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Fucking three so far.

18. atticusfinch

Together We'll Fight the Long Defeat Supporter

What sucks about Mantine is it has the moveset of a Pidgey. Smh.

IMG_8554.PNG

19. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Mantine has always been bad, guys

atticusfinch likes this.
  20. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

Mantine got that buff in Gen 7, though

21. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Mantines are cute; the Snorlax of the sea!!! Do they swim AND fly, or just fly?

22. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Is Dratini actually part of this event? I have not seen a single one this whole time, and I've even managed to catch a Lapras.

With Pinnap berries, each Dratini you catch saves 35km of walking so...I would like to grab a few more.

23. delvec19

Trusted

What are the odds of catching a shiny Magikarp? I caught like 75 so far and nothing.

24. Garrett

I caught 66 before catching my first.

25. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Got an upgrade for my 7 day but will never be able to evolve Porygon. COOL.

Garrett L. likes this.