Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee/Pikachu! Video Game

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by xapplexpiex, Nov 16, 2018.

1. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Anyone get this yet? Is it worth getting it? $60 is a lot for me now and I’d want some replayability.

2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

its... something. Great for nostalgia, but there isn't a lot to it.

3. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Davjs, Whalejaw and xapplexpiex like this.
  4. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

I’m really enjoying it so far.

Shrek likes this.
  5. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Hahahahahaha. My brother go me watching that guy’s stuff a while ago.

6. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

I remember when I was considering buying the Pokeball Plus along with the game and now I can't even convince myself to buy just the game.

Why does this thing have to be 90 fucking dollars? Also why do I have to be Canadian?

loudasallgetout and Shrek like this.
  7. dotKev

@dotkevin

I still think it's worth a buy at full price as long as you know what you're getting & are cool with that.

For me it's a relaxing nostalgia trip with some other core elements mixed in and I'm definitely down for that.

Shrek likes this.
  8. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

i’m not about to act like this game is difficult, but it does get difficult in ways i haven’t seen touched on at all. in Veridian Forest i popped a lure and started chaining Butterfree, and once i got past 3x chain they were impossible to catch. raspberried excellent throws and Butterfree number four took 23 balls lol

9. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I need to stop grinding lmao my level 12 Pikachu keeps immediately killing these level 3 weedles from trainers in the forest

10. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Played most of the day and made it to Lavender. I feel way underleveled but don't feel like wasting twenty balls on one Graveler to get EXP. So conflicted about this thing.

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  11. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Running Eevee, Weepinbel, Mr. Mime, Charmeleon, Nidorino, Pikachu at the moment. Not sure I like much of that lineup, but I'm trying to run pokes I've never really used.

12. White

I wonder if I could buy a copy of this, return it, and then buy that same copy again used at a greatly reduced price.

13. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

caught a shiny Onix the second i stepped into Mt. Moon and lost my shit

Kerrbs and JRGComedy like this.
  14. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

I can’t put the game down. A mix of what I love from Go and the mainline

15. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I'm having a hard time with some of the throw mechanics. Stuff like Ghastly is a pain in the fucking ass.

Fucking Dustin likes this.
  16. T.J.

music and baseball.

i am enjoying this a lot more than i thought i would. im glad its a mix, instead of all go based.

17. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

Can you see that is shiny before you walk up to it or is it like Go where it looks normal and then it turns out to be shiny?

18. T.J.

music and baseball.

I have yet to see a shiny, but the tiny/huge pokemon are different, so i'm hoping so.

19. JRShoenberger

Trusted

I believe they show up in the over world as shiny.

I just got to Cerulean City. It’s alright. I’m enjoying it. It’s really great to see the Pokémon world look so great. The gameplay itself isn’t anything to write home about.

20. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Someone give me a Meltan

21. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

The throwing mechanics are even worse than I expected

Everything else is glorious

Joe4th likes this.
  22. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Just transferred 19 pokes over to the game. Pal Park is super frustrating. You have to recatch Pokes and they take forever.

23. White

K fuck it I decided to buy it. But I'm Nuzlocke'ing this motherfucker. I might not use my starter either. I'm glad, though, that even if I don't, I still have an Eevee riding around on my head the entire time 'cause that's the cutest shit in the world.

24. JRShoenberger

Trusted

Yeah. I’ve been using my starter Pikachu as a pet that just rides around on my shoulder.

Also I’ve only been playing handheld and the catching isn’t really annoying at all.

Shrek and T.J. like this.
  25. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

The catching honestly feels waaaaay better in handheld, the motion aiming works well and it feels much better/less random getting great or excellent throws.

Shrek likes this.