Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pokémon: Detective Pikachu (Rob Letterman, May 10, 2019) Movie • Page 9

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by justin., Jan 29, 2018.

1. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

it's true. Video Game movies have historically performed badly and have been absolute shit so I get why they were hesitant to do a live-action Pokemon movie..... but man, what would happen if they actually made a GOOD video game movie? We've yet to really cross that road yet haha so with that i'm not sure why the wait.

Nostalgia is obviously mega in...its a big time franchise...and early trailers make this look epic and great. The live action pokemon look solid.

Still blows my mind we haven't had a Link/Zelda movie. Seems like the easiest thing to make

RyanPm40 likes this.
  2. drewinseries

Drew

With a protagonist who doesn't talk?

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  3. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

They made a LoZ tv show and it was a masterpiece

4. Dog with a Blog

Real talk tho, Digimon has the best theme song

5. Dog with a Blog

50A30255-2569-4B04-A5D8-D0965422864A.jpeg

Davjs, coleslawed, Joe4th and 6 others like this.
  6. DeathOrGlory

Just a friendly reminder

This movie gonna be a mega hit right?

7. Dog with a Blog Nov 16, 2018
    (Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2018)
    Dog with a Blog

Should do pretty well, imo. The biggest disadvantage is that it’s coming hot off the heels of Avengers 4 which will still do well on its second week.

8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I wonder if actual children will watch this or just us semi ironically

9. Dog with a Blog

I don’t have kids but if I did, I’d take em, and I feel like it’ll be a lot of that haha

Joe4th and RyanPm40 like this.
  10. DeathOrGlory

Just a friendly reminder

I have a 7 year-old sister who's crazy about Pokemon and she has a lot of friends that love it too. Between the continued success with kids and the incredible nostalgic appeal that the property holds, I think Detective Pikachu is going to be huge.

The trailer is still #1 Trending on YouTube.

11. drewinseries

Drew

When I saw Power Rangers it was all dudes like me, there with their unhappy girlfriends, like me.

Davjs, Omni, RyanPm40 and 2 others like this.
  12. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

100% gonna be me and my girlfriend seeing this and the new Into The Spiderverse movie lol.

Davjs and drewinseries like this.
  13. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

This will be a huge hit. Reynolds + Pokémon is pretty much a guarantee.

14. Philll

Trusted

Yeah this will undoubtedly be one of the biggest movies of 2019. Already I'm sure there'll be sequels.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  15. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

It will be the third highest 2019 film following Avengers 4 and Star Wars 9.

16. Dog with a Blog

It won’t do better than Captain Marvel or Toy Story 4. The fact that it comes out a week after Avengers works against it. It’ll definitely be big though, but top of of the year? Personally, I don’t think so. But we’ll see

RyanPm40 likes this.
  17. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Avengers 4 will no doubt be bumped up a week to premiere at the end of April and that’s not just for Pokémon’s sake. Disney knows that a live action movie with Pokémon in the name will still take away some audiences and they’ll want two full weekends of audiences seeing Avengers.

18. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Disney will probably own Pokemon eventually

19. Henry

Moderator Moderator

This is going to do better than some of those films internationally.

20. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Hate to be that dude but making predictions about how successful blockbuster movies will be has to be the lamest conversation you can have about movies

flask likes this.
  21. Dog with a Blog

I manage a movie theater. It’s interesting to me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

22. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Yeah I think it's pretty interesting. Nothing wrong with hoping a film you're interested in does well :)

justin. likes this.
  23. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

yes go support the new Spider-Man into the spider-verse movie please

24. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

not to mention, i think disney really wants the first $1b weekend and a simultaneous worldwide release of A4 will almost guarantee it...they did 750m without china for A3.

25. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I don’t think any Marvel movie is going to match the hype that A4 will have. It’s now or never for them to do a $1 billion weekend.

Garrett L. likes this.