Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pokémon: Detective Pikachu (Rob Letterman, May 10, 2019) Movie • Page 8

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by justin., Jan 29, 2018.

1. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I traded an aerodactyl for one of the Pokémon: The First Movie cards. It wasn’t even one of the cards that you received at the theater. It was a card with a picture of Mewtwo fighting Mew.

Terrible decision.

trevorshmevor and currytheword like this.
  2. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

I definitely still have original Venusaur / Charizard / Blastoise somewhere back home

trevorshmevor likes this.
  3. Henry

Moderator Moderator

What the hell are you nerds talking about

4. Dog with a Blog

Yugioh

5. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

My parents threw out all of mine when I went to college. So many first editions just gone.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  6. currytheword

Trusted

Low key have hopes for Yug to come back some day.

sawhney[rusted]2 and RyanPm40 like this.
  7. Henry

Moderator Moderator

8. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Pokemon for video games. Yu-Gi-Oh for card games all day. I wasted so much of my life on the Dueling Network before they shut it down.

currytheword likes this.
  9. flask

Trusted Supporter

Yu gi oh is def the superior card game. But Pokémon was my life when I was 9.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  10. GBlades

Trusted

Beyblades were a hiiiiiiit back in the day .

11. Dog with a Blog

Beyblades were incredible

12. Dog with a Blog

I vividly remember going to birthday parties in elementary school and having beyblade battles. That shit was so fun.

Never watched the show tho

Joe4th and Petit nain des Îles like this.
  13. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I still have like 3 beyblades.

14. Henry

Moderator Moderator

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I want that Psyduck

coleslawed likes this.
  16. GBlades

Trusted

I remember collecting cards and playing with Beyblades on my front door step. The good ol' days.

17. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

i remember cheating at beyblades and winning a lot of money.

well, a lot of money for a 7 year old. so like ten bucks probably

18. Beyblade's theme song is a pop punk classic

PeacefulOrca, JRGComedy and RyanPm40 like this.
  19. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Oh man, I loved beyblades. Now I have the theme song in my head heh.

20. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Used to go to the Yu Gi Oh Saturday morning tournaments at Toys R Us back in the day. Was a lot of fun.

21. flask

Trusted Supporter

Was way into yu gi oh in elementary and jr high and played all the time during lunch. My friends got back into it around 5-6 years ago along with Magic and that just killed it for me. We would go to local tournaments all the time and it just became an arms race of buying expensive cards and building expensive decks.

22. Two of my closest friends are big into Yu Gi Oh, like training and playing tournaments almost every weekend, sustaining a Youtube channel for their team, having their own stand at conventions etc. It makes me want to get into it. I still have some of my 15 years old cards but I doubt they're still useful.

23. GBlades

Trusted

I remember a myth where if you spun a Beyblade at top speed then the "monster" appeared in a light. Utter disappointment.

24. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Was all about Yu-Gi-Oh! back in the day. Had a sick Gravity Bind deck w/ Swarms of Scarabs & Locusts, plus Yata Garasu. And, of course, my favorite card, Fiber Jar. Plus, Relinquished/Thousand Eyes Restrict. At the tail end, dabbled in a Harpie Lady deck, too.

Got back in a little after a few years out during my early college years. 'Twas during the Synchro or whatever meta. Never used those cards. Got back out, looked back into it years later. There were these things called XYZ monsters, and I saw that Raigeki was allowed at 3 per deck because it wasn't useful anymore. Realized then that the game I played back in the day was dead and never looked back.

As an avid comic book fan who is poor, I don't really have any need for any other collectible things anyways, lol.

25. GBlades

Trusted

Man, I can see a Beyblade/Pokémon/Digimon marathon coming up.