Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pokémon: Detective Pikachu (Rob Letterman, May 10, 2019) Movie • Page 7

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by justin., Jan 29, 2018.

1. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I didn’t even notice the S.S. Anne poster...

2. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

3. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

4. Is anyone else excited but still a little sad we're not getting an Ash/Misty/Brock live-action? Especially with how beautiful this looks.

I remember I dreamed about a live-action Pokemon movie but thought it as almost impossible with all the CGI needed, but damn this looks gorgeous.

5. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

6. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

VINCE IS A GODDAMN LEGEND.

I STAN

ghostedaway likes this.
  7. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

I'm actually happy it's not about them. With this the reaction will be less based on our nostalgic expectations

Why Bother? likes this.
  8. FrankieThe4th

things have never been stranger Prestigious

:(

[​IMG]

9. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

I don't want that. Especially since that story is set in Japan and would certainly be Americanized. But, I also would prefer a new, unique story set in the existing canon instead of an adaptation of something we already have anyways.

But, yeah, my biggest hope after this film is a new film series focused on a traditional trainer journey, with badges and all that stuff. And, in such a film, I would be down with seeing a Japanese actor portray Ash/Red/whatever in a supporting role, post-adventure. (Has he appeared in the game canon post Gen 2?)

justin. and FrankieThe4th like this.
  10. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I’m okay with not getting Ash/Misty/Brock at this time.

Let the cinematic introduction be its own thing and, if the stories allow it, have familiar characters appear later on.

11. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Red and Blue appear as thirty year olds in Sun and Moon but once remakes and X/Y were released the timeline became confusing and no one really knows what is and isn’t canonical. No clue if the Red below is canon with the Mt Silver loner in the original gen 2 games.

CF924E7A-CB1B-4B1E-BA2E-E03A7CF90F61.png

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  12. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

And for you people who would like the poster as a wallpaper

F78064A5-7656-495F-BA1B-F1DC2AA1317C.jpeg

13. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I'm real glad they're not doing Ash/Misty/Brock in live action. They'd be way harder to pull off convincingly than Pikachu.

justin. likes this.
  14. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

What if Lucy is actually Misty though? I mean she even has a Psyduck

15. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Once they go the route of making a movie based on the main games, ie a trainer catching and battling and such, it would absolutely be best to just use all new characters. Maybe use Brock and Misty as minor characters as gym leaders, or just go all out and do a new region.

16. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

We know Cerulean city exists so she should be there instead of reporting in Ryme City!

Misty did kind of run away due to her sisters, though.

17. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

If Ash is ever in a live action movie I hope he’s older and whoever the movie is following should battle him after the elite four.

coleslawed, Tim and jordalsh like this.
  18. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

They’re going to have movies about Ash and then have the Avengers film when all of the trainers get together with their Pokémon to stop an evil Pokémon.

19. Henry

Moderator Moderator

this is a cute post

upload_2018-11-13_22-30-25.png

coleslawed, CarpetElf and justin. like this.
  20. Dog with a Blog

5BBA2D1B-8D08-4A2C-9323-F054AEAEF87F.jpeg

21. recall reality

"But existing is basically all I do!" Prestigious

THIS was genuinely upsetting.

That audience reaction though.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  22. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

One of the reasons I’m excited is because this film was made by The Pokémon Company and Legendary. Warner Bros didn’t get their filthy hands in the creation process and will only be one of the three distributors.

The could be a game changer similar to when Marvel Studios started making their own films.

FrankieThe4th and CarpetElf like this.
  23. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Dog with a Blog, yung_ting and Henry like this.
  24. currytheword

Trusted

Since I live about 40 minutes south of you on the Hudson i'll keep an eye out if I see any strange decrepit 3-ring binders floating by.

25. DeathOrGlory

Just a friendly reminder

My greatest Pokemon card shame is trading my First Edition Dark Dragonite card for three Entei cards from the third Pokemon movie. I didn't know how rare that thing was.