Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pokémon: Detective Pikachu (Rob Letterman, May 10, 2019) Movie • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by justin., Jan 29, 2018.

1. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

A few years ago I had to sell all of my cards to be able to pay bills. :(

2. Dog with a Blog

This pains me

3. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Same thing with all my best N64 games - Pokemon Stadium 1&2 and Pokemon Snap included. Sold them to get an airsoft gun in middle school, really regret it haha

4. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

coleslawed and Dog with a Blog like this.
  5. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

I cannot fucking wait for this movie

6. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Sadly no. I have no idea what edition it is but it doesn't have the 1st edition logo.

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  7. Traded a poliwrath and Nidoking for Charizard in 5th grade. What a sucker.

8. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

I had an entire Fossil card box set with first edition Articuno, Dragonite, Gengar, Moltres, Zapdos, Kabutops, Raichu, Omastar and plenty of others.

I ended up selling the entire thing to a local game store for $60.

sawhney[rusted]2 and RyanPm40 like this.
  9. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

All I want is Dragonite, Mew or Mewtwo to show up.

10. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Doomsday and Henry like this.
  11. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

I don't think the animation is completely finished. I love the details though so far - like little hairs on top Mr. Mime's head.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  12. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

This looks incredible.

13. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

I haven’t followed Pokémon much for the last decade but it was a big part of my childhood so knowing Pikachu would talk was hella upsetting until everybody else just heard “Pika pika!” and now I’m so on board

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  14. PauLo

43% Burnt

I don't like or really understand pokemons at all but this actually looks hella fun. Sure, pretty much every reference will go completely over my head. But it still looks a blast.

15. brentkid

Regular

Cannot overstate how excited I am for this movie. Was a giddy little kid watching the trailer.

16. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

a kid named Travis threw my whole perfectly organized binder of Pokemon cards into the Hudson River in middle school because he thought i did the same to his bike, when in fact i had not done that. the local police station was one block away from his place and i went in there sobbing, demanding justice, but there was no justice to be had. this is a very /r/thathappened story but it really did happen lol.

17. Matt

that's so dark

coleslawed, Dog with a Blog and Shrek like this.
  18. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Man, fuck Travis and his bike.

19. I sold all my pokemon cards so I could buy Jet Force Gemini on N64. I regret nothing.

Henry likes this.
  20. i think this is the movie

21. Matt

I was looking through my cards last night and...I have a lot. A big collection of the first generation of cards, some Japanese cards included. Some of the next sets are 1st editions (Fossil, Jungle, Team Rocket sets). Honestly I could probably get a few hundred for the whole binder, not including the fact that some of them might be rare.

22. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

all the toxic waste from the Hudson actually made them shoot lightning

23. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

I was surprised by the cards still holding pretty solid value. I had the entire first set and a mix of the second and third sets, with some first editions here and there, that went for around $400 on eBay in 2015.

24. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

My holo binder is somewhere in my house

25. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I'd love a reboot of that game. I used to just fly around all day as the dog.

spiffa0 likes this.