Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pokémon: Detective Pikachu (Rob Letterman, May 10, 2019) Movie • Page 28

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by justin., Jan 29, 2018.

1. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

Psyduck completely stole the show for me.

2. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

3. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

In case it hasn't been mentioned, I would just like to definitively state a Pikachu saying "I'm gonna grab a knife" is objectively a top-10 cinema moment of all time.

4. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

"It has also been reported by GWW that a Red and Blue adaptation is in the works"

If they are working on a red and blue adaptation, Im down for a Detective Pikachu sequel for now although would Reynolds be in the next one? Theres no more talking Pikachu so how will that work? I cant see Justice being a draw.

whatever they do just dont fuck it up and increase your budget now. Its only made 187mil on a 150mil budget. With marketing it probably wont be that profitable.

5. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

This one ended with Justice and Reynolds back together so I would say it’s a safe bet that both will be in it.

I was hoping the Mewtwo spin-off would come first but I can see trying the Red/Blue spin-off first for nostalgia. As long as they get the Japanese culture aspect of Kanto right I am all for it. I don’t want to see Cerulean city with mostly non-Japanese actors in an environment like New York.

jordalsh likes this.
  6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Lucy and Psyduck can be the leads easily

MysteryKnight, Dodger and jordalsh like this.
  7. Detective Psyduck

8. Dodger

ooooooo Yes. Much more interested in this. Please let this be what the sequel is lol

9. Psyduck, My New Therapist
    Professor Psyduck
    President Psyduck

10. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

Definitely down for a Detective Psyduck sequel but only if it has the subtitle "By Your Psyd(uck)"

11. GBlades

Trusted

Never in my days did I think that Pikachu asking someone to smell his finger would be great cinema. What a hilarious movie!

12. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

All the more reason why directly adapting anything from the Red/Blue era makes me nervous, lol. Out of sequels & spinoffs that have been rumored, I think the Mewtwo idea is the most appealing to me, but anything dealing w/ actual Kanto is ripe for mishandling.

justin. likes this.
  13. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

Professor Oak origin story film incoming.

14. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

oh hell yeah

15. Philll

Trusted

Only if it deals with the question of why he enlists 10 year old boys to do his work for him.

Kingjohn_654 and DerekIsAGooner like this.
  16. airik625 May 25, 2019
    (Last edited: May 25, 2019)
    airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

This was extremely fun. Both the wife and I loved it. The CGI was incredible and it was great to see all these Pokémon that I haven’t thought of in like twenty years hah.

Also I know I remember reading something about Pikachu eating cigarettes in multiple scenes, but definitely didn’t see one in the movie.

I feel like they missed an opportunity for Pikachu to tell Psyduck “the sun’s gettin’ reall low”

coleslawed and Dodger like this.
  17. currytheword

Trusted

Still haven't caught this yet but I really want to. Does Ryan Reynolds do a good job? Did anyone dislike him as Pikachu?

18. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Him as Pikachu is kinda the only reason this particular movie works at all, actually

justin., Zilla, currytheword and 3 others like this.
  19. Dodger

Seconded

currytheword likes this.
  20. currytheword

Trusted

eggcellent news.

21. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

he made me want to start actually drinking coffee

coleslawed and currytheword like this.
  22. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Holy shit this was so much fun. The most pleasantly surprised ive been maybe ever for a movie.

AWasteOfATime likes this.
  23. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

24. Davjs

Trusted

Movie was ok. The look of the Pokes and world was really cool. A tooonnn of dialog though for a kids movie, it was probably 80% dialog. Didn't really hold my kid's attention like I hoped since he loves the cartoon.

If Pikachu doesn't talk anymore because of the ending, how can their be a Detective Pikachu 2? I think spin offs could work now that this movie worked, but doing a direct sequel could be weird since Reynolds as Pikachu was the main draw for this one.

alina likes this.
  25. lati

formerly spaghettti Supporter

In hindsight, totally agree. While I really enjoyed it, the film would have benefited from maybe overworld scenes set to music, or more battles to take up dialogue time.

I haven't played the games but there's a sequel coming for that, so maybe it will build off the game sequel.

Davjs likes this.