1. We've launched a new merch store featuring the Chorus.fm and AbsolutePunk.net logo on a variety of t-shirts, hoodies, and other items. Check it out now at Threadless.
    Dismiss Notice

Pokémon: Detective Pikachu (Rob Letterman, May 10, 2019) Movie • Page 28

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by justin., Jan 29, 2018.

1. joe.boy.fresh.

Regular

Psyduck completely stole the show for me.

2. justin.

我不在乎

3. White

I long for death. Prestigious

In case it hasn't been mentioned, I would just like to definitively state a Pikachu saying "I'm gonna grab a knife" is objectively a top-10 cinema moment of all time.

4. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

"It has also been reported by GWW that a Red and Blue adaptation is in the works"

If they are working on a red and blue adaptation, Im down for a Detective Pikachu sequel for now although would Reynolds be in the next one? Theres no more talking Pikachu so how will that work? I cant see Justice being a draw.

whatever they do just dont fuck it up and increase your budget now. Its only made 187mil on a 150mil budget. With marketing it probably wont be that profitable.

5. justin.

我不在乎

This one ended with Justice and Reynolds back together so I would say it’s a safe bet that both will be in it.

I was hoping the Mewtwo spin-off would come first but I can see trying the Red/Blue spin-off first for nostalgia. As long as they get the Japanese culture aspect of Kanto right I am all for it. I don’t want to see Cerulean city with mostly non-Japanese actors in an environment like New York.

jordalsh likes this.
  6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Oh goose Prestigious

Lucy and Psyduck can be the leads easily

Dodger and jordalsh like this.
  7. jordalsh

jordalsh.wordpress.com Prestigious

Detective Psyduck

8. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

ooooooo Yes. Much more interested in this. Please let this be what the sequel is lol

iCarly Rae Jepsen and jordalsh like this.
  9. jordalsh

jordalsh.wordpress.com Prestigious

Psyduck, My New Therapist
    Professor Psyduck
    President Psyduck

10. White

I long for death. Prestigious

Definitely down for a Detective Psyduck sequel but only if it has the subtitle "By Your Psyd(uck)"

11. GBlades

Trusted

Never in my days did I think that Pikachu asking someone to smell his finger would be great cinema. What a hilarious movie!

12. Tim

passionate, but i don't give no fucks Prestigious

All the more reason why directly adapting anything from the Red/Blue era makes me nervous, lol. Out of sequels & spinoffs that have been rumored, I think the Mewtwo idea is the most appealing to me, but anything dealing w/ actual Kanto is ripe for mishandling.

justin. likes this.
  13. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

Professor Oak origin story film incoming.

14. phaynes12

ball is life

oh hell yeah