Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Pokémon: Detective Pikachu (Rob Letterman, May 10, 2019) Movie • Page 27

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by justin., Jan 29, 2018.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I don't know if she means Tim, Lucy or Pikachu but either way she's right; wait it's probably him reacting to Pikachu which is also yes

CarpetElf and coleslawed like this.
  2. I AM DEFINITELY GETTING A TATTOO OF PIKACHU DRINKING COFFEE

coleslawed likes this.
  3. Dog with a Blog

I thought this was....pretty bad. But also, I really liked looking at the Pokémon and the world that they created so I got enjoyment out of that. I could definitely see a good movie coming from this world, it just wasn’t this one.

4. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

More or less my sentiments, yes

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  5. MysteryKnight

Prestigious Prestigious

Saw this tonight, theater was probably half filled, which seems pretty good for a Monday night.

I really enjoyed the movie overall. The characters were great, and the plot/storyline was for the most part great as well. And of course, the pokemon were outstanding, just seeing all of the different ones they incorporated was really cool. While I enjoyed the entire thing I will say the first half overall was better than the second half. Some scenes I feel were unnecessary or dragged out like the torterra scene
    One thing I don't understand though is I know that Tim could hear Pikachu because of the purple gas, but why couldn't anyone else who was exposed to the gas understand him? (at least that is how it seemed)

Also not sure how I felt about Mewtwo talking lol, seemed kind of out of place with the movie

6. lati

formerly spaghettti Supporter

my understanding is that mewtwo put harry’s mind into Pikachu and also made it so Tim could understand him because he told him to “find the son”, rather than the purple gas.

RyanPm40, Dodger and MysteryKnight like this.
  7. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

Mewtwo could communicate telepathically in Pokemon: the First Movie for what it’s worth.

RyanPm40 and currytheword like this.
  8. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Yeah, wasn't Mewtwo the only Pokemon who could talk in the anime, outside of Meowth?

michael_gatto likes this.
  9. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Many legendary Pokémon can speak telepathically.

And Slowking.

alina and RyanPm40 like this.
  10. RyanPm40

Yeah I really stopped paying attention to anything Pokemon related after Gen 2 heh. I think I remember that with Slowking, tho

11. DerekIsAGooner

You're missing so much awesome after Gen 2.

CarpetElf likes this.
  12. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

I didn't think I would learn any Pokemon beyond Gen 3 but then Pokemon Go came out. Now I am a Pokemon master.

alina, DerekIsAGooner and CarpetElf like this.
  13. RyanPm40

Just wasn't impressed with character designs or names in the later generations as a kid :shrug:

14. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Gen III is the best.

alina and JRGComedy like this.
  15. DerekIsAGooner

The best

[​IMG]

jordalsh and natefoundglory like this.
  16. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

Here for the Hawlucha love

DerekIsAGooner likes this.
  17. Yessss put Kathryn Newton in everything.

...Ryan Reynolds is pretty cool, too.

Comparing it to another recent CGI-heavy movie, Battle Angel Alita was more poignant, albeit a bit more all over the place narratively. I guess it makes sense that the kids' movie makes sense/is relatively simple. But like, it was his dad the whole time? Was Ryan Reynolds Pikachu, or was Pikachu Ryan Reynolds? hahaha

18. Dodger May 14, 2019
    (Last edited: May 14, 2019)
    Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

I really really liked this. Love how it ended kind of wrapping up this story. Really hope this does well so we get more of this amazing world they brought to life. More please. Hoping for different characters next time though.

If it doesnt make a lot, I feel like they could get out of the city setting and make it more of an adventure type movie so theres less Pokemon, less CG and can have a smaller budget.

19. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

also I've decided that I'm ride or die for Lucy and Psyduck

20. lati

formerly spaghettti Supporter

Forever and ever I will also believe this to be true. There’s something about that feeling of playing ruby or sapphire, the first fully colored Pokémon rpg, and I love that there were only gen 3 Pokémon in the game

JRGComedy and CarpetElf like this.
  21. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Been thinking about how much I loved Psyduck in this haha

22. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

I think I already said it in here but I’m all for just remaking movies in the Pokémon universe. Give me inception but with Pokémon

23. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

If there is one region I want to see in a live action film it’s Unova. It’s also the easiest to not screw up culturally because it’s based on New York.

24. dqwinny

THRILLHOUSE Supporter

I liked this a good amount!

I will go to war for ryan reynolds Pikachu.

That cute ass SOB

25. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

I loved this! I immediately cried at the first Pidgeot on screen because I’m a big baby. Script wasn’t super strong in some places but I also understand I’m not the main audience which helps to temper expectations.